New Campagnolo Bora One Tubular wheelset burning through brake pads

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I just installed a pair of 2015 Campagnolo Bora One Tubular wheels on my Colnago C60. I have the EE Cycleworks brakes with the Shimano pad holders. Since the included Campagnolo Carbon Brake pads a for Campagnolo Holders I kept the Swiss Stop Black Prince Pads on the brakes. I went on a 40 mile ride and must have used up about 40% of the pad material. Was a very mellow semi flat ride. Is this normal? Brake performance was excellent. Any suggestions.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Attermann

by Attermann

use the ones supplied with the wheels? i use the campagnolo brake pads for my reynolds wheels, they hold up pretty well.

nlouthan

by nlouthan

Campagnolo sells the red pad designed for those wheels in Shimano format. Part number is BR-BO500X. Starbike has them in stock. $25.55

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

^^ Why would you even consider anything else. The campy red pads are awesome, made with that brake surface in mind and wont void your warranty.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

LionelB

by LionelB

And I also find them to last a very long time.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

agreed
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

superdx

by superdx

Campy red pads are dramatically better than Black Prince. They bite super hard. Mine have been on a bike a year and I don't know if I've lost 1mm of pad material. Black Prince pads will void the warranty.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

Thanks All. I have Shimano brake holders on my EE Cycleworks Brakes. I could not find any in the shimano format. I will order them from Starbike!

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

mnmasotto wrote:Thanks All. I have Shimano brake holders on my EE Cycleworks Brakes. I could not find any in the shimano format. I will order them from Starbike!

In situations like this & for future readers of this thread, please note that Campagnolo have Service Centres around the world, their contacts are freely available on the Campagnolo website and we'd all rather try and help by directing users to sources of the correct part, than have to break the news that your warranty has been voided!
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

tommasini

by tommasini

Graeme - it's always great to see (and learn from) your input into questions asked here at WW - thanks for your participation on this forum!

fogman

by fogman

I agree with all the above comments. The Campagnolo Red pads are the only pads you should use on Bora wheels. Besides providing excellent braking, they also seem to be designed to keep the rim from overheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

fogman wrote:I agree with all the above comments. The Campagnolo Red pads are the only pads you should use on Bora wheels. Besides providing excellent braking, they also seem to be designed to keep the rim from overheating.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't agree with the overheating comment. The brake's job is to convert potential energy (forces of gravity acting on the bike/rider) to kinetic energy (heat). If less heat is generated then where did the potential or kinetic energy go?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com