SRAM 2 Fsa

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Wull

by Wull

Can anyone help..... I'm wondering if my 11sp Sram Red chainrings will fit my 10sp FSA crankarms?????

They're both BCD 110mm.

I'm considering swapping over the shifter,rear mech etc to make the super6 11sp but I can't swap the crank over as its GXP. Cheers

Grill

by Grill

Why don't you just get a BB30 to GXP BB?
http://www.praxiscycles.com/product/conv-bb-sramgxp-isis-2/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Why? an eleven speed chain will probably run perfectly on a set of 10 speed rings.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Not sure I understand the whole project but first off all Sram derailleurs are 10 and 11 speed compatible.

Second, as Frankie notes, when it comes to cranks, 10 and 11 speed version seem pretty interchangeable without negative consequences.

If you just want the Red crank on the Cannondale, just change the BB as suggested.

Finally - bottom line - those Red chainrings should stay on a Red crank.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

I think you can put the Red rings on the FSA crank, but the pin to prevent the chain from getting lodged between the crank arm and rings will be in the wrong place.

But as others have said, 10 and 11 speed chainrings are pretty interchangeable. I have a set of Force 11 rings that I run on an otherwise old 10-speed Red set up. Those rings have two pins so they can be run on hidden bolt and non-hidden bolt crank arms.

NYCPrynne

by NYCPrynne

i think you are going to need the hidden bolt sram chainrings if you want to put sram on the FSA cranks.

ihs0yz

by ihs0yz

Good point on the chainring configuration between SRAM and other cranks though I have to say it isn't too big of an issue. You find many people fitting Praxis (non-hidden bolt rings) on SRAM cranks with me being one. Problem is placement of the catch pin and I've honestly had a chain fall in between ring and crank arm and it scratched up my cranks bad.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Great point indeed, but you don't need to. as ten speed chainrings will support a 11 speed chain without any issues.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wull

by Wull

Cheers guys I wasn't sure hence the reason I asked.

I've swapped over the shifter etc and kept the FSA 10sp rings on. So far so good.

I've looked at the BB converter and that's something I'll consider further down the line.