S-Works Sub6 vs Bont Blitz

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

blatchcorn

by blatchcorn

I was planning on buying the S-Works Sub 6 for £250 after finding the Giro Empire SLX's were too narrow for me.

However, I've come across a pair of Bont Blitz for £97, which is considerably cheaper. After reading up on them the high arch support and roomy toe box sound perfect for me.

The only downside it seems with the Bonts would be that I cannot get the cleats fitted for free by a bike fitter.

Can anyone recommend either of these shoes?

TomColnago

by TomColnago

I have a pair of bont blitz shoes and they are super stiff but also comfy when moulded, the only issue I have had is that I had to buy 1 size larger due them not being in a size 48.5 so that's why the size 49 is too big. But if the size is right they are a super comfy shoe :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Antoine

by Antoine

TomColnago wrote:I have a pair of bont blitz shoes and they are super stiff but also comfy when moulded, the only issue I have had is that I had to buy 1 size larger due them not being in a size 48.5 so that's why the size 49 is too big. But if the size is right they are a super comfy shoe :thumbup:

Same for me, compared with other shoes I have (Shimano and Northwave) I feel the Blitz are more efficient but as comfortable.

kgt

by kgt

Shoes are a 100% personal choise. You have to try them.