Bianchi Oltre XR2 Super Compact EPS - problems fitting a second bottle cage!!!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

slippy62

by slippy62

Hello all - this is my first post and I'm hoping someone out there can help.

See attached photos of my bike. Yes it's pretty sweet and yes, I am new to cycling. So bear with me despite having zero credibility!

I am trying to fit a second bottle cage, but I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. . . .

In summary, the current bolts on the down-tube part of frame appear to be holding the EPS Power Unit in place, which I understand is inside. (http://www.campagnolo.com/UK/en/Compone ... dti_eps_v3). I can unscrew the top bolt, but I am nervous to release the bottom bolt that I could drop the power unit down inside the frame.

So, I put to one side the bottle cage bolts as they are wider than those holding the power unit (in other words, I could not get the larger bottle cage bolt to take to the power unit). I figured that I would simply put the bottle cage directly on to the frame and then screw the Power Unit bolts in. This works, but the bolts protrude back in to the bottle cage area and make fitting a bottle impossible.

I've seen photos of other people who have fitted a second bottle cage, but I can't figure out from the photos how they have done it.

Anyone?
Attachments
Bianchi Oltre XR2 Super Compact EPS

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

I know absolutely nothing about this except that I don't believe for a minute that the battery is in the down tube. It's in the seat tube which is easy to check by removing the seat post and looking.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

tikka

by tikka

It could very well be in the down tube. Mine is on my Cervelo s3. It didn't fit in the seat tube. Yours might be the same situation.
However my bottle cage fits on fine... maybe try a different cage? Mine is a zipp carbon cage, not sure exactly model.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

michaelten

by michaelten

The stud holds the battery. You need to fit a nut to the part of the stud sticking out to hold the bottle cage. Make sure you fit the stud back into the top hole to hold the battery.

mrgray

by mrgray

Also pls a pic of whole bike. It looks very nice. And new to cycling and first bike is a xr2? What's your plans for it. Racing or general cycling for fun/fitness? Also weight pls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D