Helmet Upgrade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

moonoi

by moonoi

This article has some links to the research done https://cyclingtips.com/2016/12/origins ... revention/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

reknop

by reknop

If I upgrade from my current Giro Aeon, it will be definitely be a mips based helmet.

Thanks for sharing the link moonoi, nice read.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://www.cycling-review.net

jweeeks

by jweeeks

I'm not switching from the Kask Protone anytime soon. Definitely my favorite. Heaps of adjustability, doesn't look like a mushroom and haven't had any problems with airflow/ heat even during Tucson summer 45C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glepore

by glepore

Helmets are like saddles, very personal.

That said, I love my Evade. Quiet, warm in winter and cool enough in summer.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

kgt

by kgt

LAS makes some classy, low profile, made in Italy helmets. I was always a Lazer helmets fan but I find LAS to be sexier.

ch00bzs

by ch00bzs

MIPS Gimmick or not.. i find it not pretty useful.. considering i can use Synthe in size M but when i try the MIPS version, it did not fit my asian head.. so bummed

3Pio

by 3Pio

ch00bzs wrote:MIPS Gimmick or not.. i find it not pretty useful.. considering i can use Synthe in size M but when i try the MIPS version, it did not fit my asian head.. so bummed

Same experience.. And not consider my self that i have Asian head :)

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

I am now on my second set of pads with my Kask Protone.

The pads last ages, even with taking the helmet in the shower and washing it with shower gel after every ride. Must have got a year of nearly daily mega-sweating riding out of the first set of pads, before they died. Replacements were cheap too, and easy to get.

The helmet itself is still perfect, including the chin strap. The only thing that is a bit not-good is the rear retention unit rubber pads. These are really thin where they sit on the plastic retention body and not glued on very hard, so they peel away after a while. I super glued them back on and now they are fine, but not perfect from Kask with this part.

Other than that, this is definitely the best helmet I ever had. Would buy another one for sure.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

I've just received my Met Manta, what a great bit of kit! Extremely light and comfortable (for my head).
I'll be using it as my race helmet, and shall continue to use my Kask Mojito for my commuting lid.
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

naambezet

by naambezet

ryanw wrote:I've just received my Met Manta, what a great bit of kit! Extremely light and comfortable (for my head).
I'll be using it as my race helmet, and shall continue to use my Kask Mojito for my commuting lid.

I also have a Manta and Mojito!
The Manta is a bit hot, wonder how it will fare in the summer months. It is a lot quieter than the Mojito

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

naambezet wrote:
ryanw wrote:I've just received my Met Manta, what a great bit of kit! Extremely light and comfortable (for my head).

I also have a Manta and Mojito!
The Manta is a bit hot, wonder how it will fare in the summer months. It is a lot quieter than the Mojito

No trouble with overheating here in the UK. We're lucky if we see over 25 degrees in the summer months lol...
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

PrimO

by PrimO

I have 3 helmets.

1. Uvex Ultrasonic - lightweight (210g) and very comfortable and neat looking.
2. Kask Protone- Very comfortable, looks good and great strap/retention system.
3. Briko Fuoco - Very warm helmet and heavily padded with a mesh net insert which covers the entire inner helmet making it very warm therefore I only use it in winter but it looks so good and is extremely comfortable.

cyclespeed

by cyclespeed

Kask Protone hard to beat for being very good in all areas and excellent in some.

TeslaOsiris

by TeslaOsiris

I have a Bontrager Ballista and love it... Only wish they made it in orange to match my kit.

Sent from my HTC 2PST2 using Tapatalk

niklasp

by niklasp

Bought a Giro Savant MIPS online and didnt try it out. It was never really comfy for my head shape so just recently I bought a Specialized Prevail II. Fits like a glove :) No MIPS though.
A bit on the expensive side but hey...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com