Selecting between an Aero Road bike vs a Time Trial bike?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jekyll man

by jekyll man

crux wrote:
stormur wrote:Show me please F8 on scale showing 860g @54

I can say it again for you, google "Dogma F8 weight" and look on the pages where they sell it.
I only repeated what they wrote.

ImageUntitled by jekyll man, on Flickr

Only 120g out. So close, and i'd say thats a 51.5 or 53
Official cafe stop tester

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

crux

by crux

jekyll man wrote:
crux wrote:
stormur wrote:Show me please F8 on scale showing 860g @54

I can say it again for you, google "Dogma F8 weight" and look on the pages where they sell it.
I only repeated what they wrote.

ImageUntitled by jekyll man, on Flickr

Only 120g out. So close, and i'd say thats a 51.5 or 53

Yeah saw that too, but lets get back to the real question & I will correct my previous answer... :)
I think in this case the Foil frame would be one of the best/lightest options.

stormur

by stormur

15%more for smaller size . close? really ?
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

stormur wrote:15%more for smaller size . close? really ?

I think he was being sarcastic.

stormur

by stormur

then ...oops :)
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I have both versions of the Specialized Venge ViAS, and original, and the UCI illegal "nosecone" Shiv. The ViAS by itself is slightly faster than the Shiv TT in the WinTunnel, not sure about the data against my nosecone. It felt very similar, but as mentioned the position is the deal breaker. However, Specialized is offering a clip on aerobar for the ViAS. I'm definitely going to buy one myself when they become available.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/equip ... itt/128378

If I could only have one bike it would be the ViAS with the clip ons. The position wouldn't be quite as low as the Shiv, but it would be very close. My Shiv is also setup very low in the front. Probably not an issue for most people.

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

ProfessorChaos wrote:I have both versions of the Specialized Venge ViAS, and original, and the UCI illegal "nosecone" Shiv. The ViAS by itself is slightly faster than the Shiv TT in the WinTunnel, not sure about the data against my nosecone. It felt very similar, but as mentioned the position is the deal breaker. However, Specialized is offering a clip on aerobar for the ViAS. I'm definitely going to buy one myself when they become available.

If I could only have one bike it would be the ViAS with the clip ons. The position wouldn't be quite as low as the Shiv, but it would be very close. My Shiv is also setup very low in the front. Probably not an issue for most people.

Funny, I love the Profile Lightning Stryke/Hammer stem clip on system but it was discontinued and no one else made something like it. Now this Vias clip on is a near exact replica. Maybe the idea of a light, sleak clip on that is easily removed will catch on.

KarlC

by KarlC

Lelandjt wrote:
ProfessorChaos wrote:I have both versions of the Specialized Venge ViAS, and original, and the UCI illegal "nosecone" Shiv. The ViAS by itself is slightly faster than the Shiv TT in the WinTunnel, not sure about the data against my nosecone. It felt very similar, but as mentioned the position is the deal breaker. However, Specialized is offering a clip on aerobar for the ViAS. I'm definitely going to buy one myself when they become available.

Funny, I love the Profile Lightning Stryke/Hammer stem clip on system but it was discontinued and no one else made something like it. Now this Vias clip on is a near exact replica. Maybe the idea of a light, sleak clip on that is easily removed will catch on.

I just got the Profile Lightning Stryke aero bar stem clip on for my BMC TMR01 Aero road bike to try out, now I have to find a saddle that will work in both my road and aero position.
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

KarlC wrote:
Lelandjt wrote:

I just got the Profile Lightning Stryke aero bar stem clip on for my BMC TMR01 Aero road bike to try out, now I have to find a saddle that will work in both my road and aero position.

Find a seat with a flat top* and long, wide nose. This allows you to slide forward and back a bit when shifting from aero bar to hoods. Also tip it down a little more than usual.

*As opposed to those saddles that have a hammock shape to the middle.