Fulcrum or Campagnolo Wheelset ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eimart

by eimart

Hello guys,

I have a Cannondale 2014 SuperSix Hi Mod Frameset (Black/Grey) and i need help to choose between 2 options of wheelset to buy. In my opinion both of them match colors with the frame. I am going to use Tubeless and i use a Shimano Ultegra Cassette.
I am going to use a pair of Hutchinson Intensive 2 Tubeless 700x25 tires.

Option 1- Fulcrum Racing Zero 2 Way Fit Black - $ 980.00

Option 2- Campagnolo Shamal Ultra 2-Way Fit Wheelset Black Label - $ 850.00 - If i choose this option i will have to convert the hub to accept shimano because Shamal is campy only.
+ $ 90.00 Shimano 11 Speed OS Freehub = $ 940,00

Thanks !

stormur

by stormur

Difference is in lacing rear wheel only. Plus you can buy Shamal's with Shimano freehub, it comes with S or C .

I would choose Fulcrum; just in case (of broken spoke f.e. ) easier truing, next thing is #g lacing : some people like it , some prefer mre "classic" look of wheel.
In case of performance, weight, durability : no difference between.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eimart

by eimart

stormur wrote:Difference is in lacing rear wheel only. Plus you can buy Shamal's with Shimano freehub, it comes with S or C .

I would choose Fulcrum; just in case (of broken spoke f.e. ) easier truing, next thing is #g lacing : some people like it , some prefer mre "classic" look of wheel.
In case of performance, weight, durability : no difference between.

Thank you very much.
I bought the Fulcrum Racing Zero 2 minutes ago. :)

Andrewjn

by Andrewjn

I have been using the Fulcrum Racing zeros for approx 3 months now, fitted with Michelin Pro 4 25mms. These tyres seem " massive" but ride beautifully. Is there another tyre option as the clearance with the fork and brake seem just a little fine, as discussed here by a few.

eimart

by eimart

Andrewjn wrote:I have been using the Fulcrum Racing zeros for approx 3 months now, fitted with Michelin Pro 4 25mms. These tyres seem " massive" but ride beautifully. Is there another tyre option as the clearance with the fork and brake seem just a little fine, as discussed here by a few.

I am thinking about using the Hutchinson Intensive 2 Tubeless 700x25 tires. Do you know anything about them ?

Andrewjn

by Andrewjn

Think that the Fulcrum Zeros are not tubeless compatible or at least that is what i have read. This doesn't mean you cannot use them but fulcrum have not given them their kiss of approval. Have never used Hutchinson tyres but knew a few racers that swore by them

BRM

by BRM

Needless comment. :?
Happens a lot these days on this forum that people think they have read somewhere something . . .
Simply go to the site of the manufacturer and look under specs.

But an informed person just knows what 2 Way Fit means.

http://www.fulcrumwheels.com/en/wheels/ ... -2-way-fit

Note
Some Campa/Fulcrum wheels come in diff versions. With and without two way fit.

Andrewjn

by Andrewjn

So sorry here. I was talking about a carbon version and forgot there was an aluminium one. Only the Al is 2 way fit

Junior7

by Junior7

I would of Shamall Mile...

But Fulcrum is also an excellent wheel

fa63

by fa63

Congrats on the new wheels.

In my experience, Hutchinson Intensive tires tend to be true to size. In fact, i remember mine bring slightly undersized when mounted on Zonda 2-Way Fit wheels. Michelin Pro 4 tires on the other hand are enormous. On a 15C internal width rim, I measured a 25 mm tire at 27.8 mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com