New Canyon Endurace CF SLX Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

So road.cc prepared a piece about the launch of this bike but retracted for some reason but it's still available on google cache
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... ent=safari

Seems very cool but I would have liked better that they released the ultimate :(

phlip

by phlip

Nice find. Don't particularly like the rather boring colours, but at least it is one solid colour without silly stripes and other ornaments. I would like to get one, but SLX will most likely result in prices quite a bit higher than the Endurace CF SL models. Which already are - to me at least - not as good as a value as previous generations of Canyon bicycles.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Gehenna

by Gehenna

Don't like the look too much, and the first model is not that much of a value buy. I realize that being their SLX, model, this shouldn't be a problem, but Canyon has always been known for their value-packed deals

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

I agree with both of you, really didn't get why they focused their first disc road bike on the endurace slx seeing as we have being spotting prototypes of the ultimate and aeroad for a year now...

gangbyeon

by gangbyeon

Buy the disc brakes are still hesitant. Yet there is no driveline favorite.
But that color is good. I hope that the color applied to the ULTIMATE CF SLX.

Roel W

by Roel W

Any news of the Ultimate CF SL successor? That model is already a few years old and was based on the Ultimate CF SLX (same mould) but the Ultimate CF SLX has been renewed 1 year ago.

cnyn

by cnyn

creamyy

by creamyy

Not cheap though. With a bit of haggling I'm sure you could get a domane slr very close if not cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

phlip

by phlip

Now that Canyon has built a reputation for making top performing bicycles for a lower price than competitors, they have adjusted these prices to be on par with equally specced bicycles from the major manufacturers such as Giant, Trek, and Cannondale. Although it follows economic logic, it is of course sad for us customers to not get the same excellent value any longer.

I do not see any tangible gains for me personally to spend that much money on a bicycle, so I will wait for the aluminium disc brake models - Endurace AL disc or whatever they will call it - that will likely be offered at some point. I just hope they will launch these earlier than a lower grade SL version of the carbon and disc brake Endurace SLX, which, if earlier product launches provide a pattern, might not arrive before next year.

esta

by esta

I've been really looking forward for this bike but the pricing really throws me off.
Endurance CF SLX8.0 ( the disc version with ultegra ) 3600€ 7,4kg
Endurance CF 9.0 ( non disc with ultegra) 2100€ 7,0 kg
Both bikes use same quality parts, with exception handlebar stem combo.

Thats just insane pricing...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com