Time bikes - sizing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

canoas

by canoas

Anyone had a Time?

I'm 6 foot, the large comes up quiet "large" with a 570 TT compared to my Colnago 565 TT also the seat tube length seems bigger than my C59 58cm traditional.

Any experiences would be helpful

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Faapaa

by Faapaa

I ride a medium size Time and considering a colnago 52s. Stack and reach is almost the same on each, will get the exact same contact points with minor adjustments of shim stack and saddle setback

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

canoas wrote:Anyone had a Time?

I'm 6 foot, the large comes up quiet "large" with a 570 TT compared to my Colnago 565 TT also the seat tube length seems bigger than my C59 58cm traditional.

I am 6' tall, and used to ride a Large NXs with a 110 mm stem. I also have longer legs / shorter torso. With a medium frame, I would have had to run a ton of spacers to get the handlebar height where I needed it to be.

By the way, 5 mm difference is not much. I would in fact call that negligible for bike fit purposes. Seat tube length also doesn't matter as long as you don't have issues with standover height.

Good luck.

canoas

by canoas

fa63 wrote:

I am 6' tall, and used to ride a Large NXs with a 110 mm stem. I also have longer legs / shorter torso. With a medium frame, I would have had to run a ton of spacers to get the handlebar height where I needed it to be.

By the way, 5 mm difference is not much. I would in fact call that negligible for bike fit purposes. Seat tube length also doesn't matter as long as you don't have issues with standover height.

Good luck.

I'm glad to hear your comments, my wife said the box arrived at home a few hours ago! So I'm excited!
Your setup sounds similar to me I have longer legs and shorter torso. I usually slam the stem (well almost 2.5mm spacer), once the frame is built I'll decide on where to cut the fork steerer. I brought a 110 stem last week!

I'll give you feedback once built Thursday and test probably Saturday. Thanks.

nafaiutb

by nafaiutb

I'm 1m85 with 88cm inside leg and have a size L Izon with 12 cm stem and 1.5cm spacers.

BRM

by BRM

I'm lost here.
Why ask for advice while you already bought the frameset? :roll:
Why only the basic info about your lenght and no other parameters like your inseam to begin with?

BTW
In general people with long legs/short torso need (besides a shorter stem) several spacers to compensate the lack of reach . . .

BRM

by BRM

fa63 wrote:By the way, 5 mm difference is not much. I would in fact call that negligible for bike fit purposes.

Depends on how much you have to play with. When you are already at the end of your reach, it matters.
Most people with long legs/short torso do their best to optimize things because they are at the end of their reach. Especially for this group 5 mm matters.

In general
The more stretched you sit with upper body the more the handlebars need to rise, as compensation.

fa63

by fa63

I would disagree. Body will adapt to 5 mm difference very easily in my opinion and in my experience. But if one thinks that it indeed matters, then there are plenty of stem/handlebar options to get the reach right.

canoas

by canoas

Well Colnago has 565TT with 120 stem, Time is 570 with 110 stem, so if you do your addition
Colnago 685
New Time 680
if course the frames are differently sized in other areas

The box arrived size 57 in felt pen on the top. Original Time box from factory. Seen the frame, its simply stunning to look at, a piece of art in my opinion.

I have a Retul fit, I'm 792 from top of saddle to BB and 562 from tip of saddle to center of handlebar. This Time size now seems fine to me.

BRM

by BRM

-

canoas

by canoas

fa63 wrote:I would disagree. Body will adapt to 5 mm difference very easily in my opinion and in my experience. But if one thinks that it indeed matters, then there are plenty of stem/handlebar options to get the reach right.

Time NXRS is sensational much better than my C59 in all departments, very surprised. Regarding fitting I passed my Retul fit sheets to bike shop as they are experienced Retul fitters. Large is the perfect size for me with 110 stem. LBS said medium would've been too small. They cut the steerer & seat post to what my C59 was. It's the perfect the size, so the 5mm TT increase compensated by 10mm stem works.

fa63

by fa63

Glad to hear the Time fits and you are enjoying it. Time does indeed make great bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

canoas

by canoas

I brought Fizik stem and handlebar (alloy). Used my friends rotor crank with new 52/36 noQ rings and a 12/29 Chorus for the Alps this week. Rest is Super Record 2011. Wheels need changing, I think something like Corima would be a good match!
Attachments
IMG_20160610_185014__1465801427_62.129.121.62.jpg
IMG-20160610-WA0004__1465801497_62.129.121.62.jpg
IMG-20160610-WA0008__1465801511_62.129.121.62.jpg