Light mounting bracket for Venge ViAS Aerofly bars

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DaddyJ

by DaddyJ

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has a solution for mounting lights to the S-works aerofly bars of the Venge ViAS?

I've done a bit of Googling but cant seem to find an existing solution. Someone must be running front lights on their ViAS? :-)

Thanks.

Chris_W

by Chris_W

A friend of mine has a small Lezyne light strapped under the out-front Garmin mount that comes with the Venge Vias. I think he's using Garmin-style rubber bands to hold the light in place.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DaddyJ

by DaddyJ

Chris_W wrote:A friend of mine has a small Lezyne light strapped under the out-front Garmin mount that comes with the Venge Vias. I think he's using Garmin-style rubber bands to hold the light in place.

Thanks for the response.

This has been my backup plan if I can't find something off the shelf which works... and it seems this may indeed be my only option for now.

permaz

by permaz

Im not sure your light brand but, stem mount will be the best option.
I saw some specialized or bontrager stems have an extension for the front light, cam or garmin.

thedonnydino

by thedonnydino

13173945_10153697491287449_7406860784506806689_n.jpg
DaddyJ wrote:Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has a solution for mounting lights to the S-works aerofly bars of the Venge ViAS?

I've done a bit of Googling but cant seem to find an existing solution. Someone must be running front lights on their ViAS? :-)

Thanks.

Hi mate, long time lurker and I joined the forum only to give you some advice.

I was facing a similar issue trying to mount a light to my aerofly bars (not vias).

The solution was as follows:

- Acquire a standard garmin mount.
- Acquire a genuine garmin/virb mount.
- Unscrew the virb mount and attach it to the garmin mount - use the long screws from the virb mount.
- Acquire a bontrager helmet light mount - remove the attachment and screw it into the virb mount (ensure it is tight).
- Acquire a bontrager ION 700.

Why not just use a genuine garmin/virb mount? I had clearance issues and could only work with some very limited real estate. The non virb mount is thinner than the virb mount.

It's a bit of a hassle and in my opinion specialized should consider an integrated solution for accessories like Trek have with their Madone.

DaddyJ

by DaddyJ

thedonnydino wrote:
Hi mate, long time lurker and I joined the forum only to give you some advice.

Thanks for taking the time to join up and reply mate.

I just received a reply from Moon lights and they state that the Moon RB-22 will mount to the ViAS. I'm going to see if I can find a store that has one in stock and make sure it works before I go ahead and buy. Else I will be making a custom up based on your instructions.

warx

by warx

I have a Cygolite Metro 550. I took the bar clamp apart (tiny screw that holds the sliding mount part). This same screw will actually let it be clamped to the underside of the garmin mount. It's the same thread and the perfect length. Very tidy. The only thing I had to do was file/grind the release lever so it could be pressed to release the light.

Going to have to move this anyways now since I am re-locating my Junction-A box from the BB to this location. Back to the drawing board.

macgarroni

by macgarroni

Thanks.

Something like this?ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATTSup

by WATTSup

macgarroni wrote:

Thanks.

Something like this?ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I'm looking for Mcgarroni! I have the same headlight. Where did you get the 2 piece attachments?
Last edited by WATTSup on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dvq

by dvq

My requirements were that it would fit an Edge 1000 size device, also fit either a gopro mounted light or a gopro session. I also require a stable mount for the session so that it doesn't vibrate.

So I ordered both of these:
https://www.rec-mounts.com/products/spe ... srm-combo/
https://www.rec-mounts.com/products/adapter/gp-wgm-s55/

I should be able to set the srm head aside and swap in the Garmin head, this will allow the Garmin head to be angle adjustable, device size adjustable, and if they're anything like the other Rec-Mounts adapters I can just rotate the head 90 degrees to fit a Wahoo if needed.

I'll update how well it works for me when I receive them.

Bullet

by Bullet

Great find! That should be a very solid solution for the go pro or even a Cycliq Fly12 without any vibration. I’ve just ordered a set too

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Ebay gopro mountImage
Using Tapatalk

cDaero

by cDaero

Im doing the same as DVQ but with a shapeways bolt mount added to the rec mounts single mount. fingers crossed

dvq

by dvq

dvq wrote:My requirements were that it would fit an Edge 1000 size device, also fit either a gopro mounted light or a gopro session. I also require a stable mount for the session so that it doesn't vibrate.

So I ordered both of these:
https://www.rec-mounts.com/products/spe ... srm-combo/
https://www.rec-mounts.com/products/adapter/gp-wgm-s55/

I should be able to set the srm head aside and swap in the Garmin head, this will allow the Garmin head to be angle adjustable, device size adjustable, and if they're anything like the other Rec-Mounts adapters I can just rotate the head 90 degrees to fit a Wahoo if needed.

I'll update how well it works for me when I receive them.

Here's an update on what I ordered, works really well, very versatile.

Helmetbox

by Helmetbox

Hi guys, does rhe brand new venge vias come with the garmin mount? Or you have to purchase separately?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com