AfterMarketg Compact Chainrings...?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Miller

by Miller

Apologies for not studying your communications in sufficient detail; how careless of me.

kode54

by kode54

basilic wrote:Stronglight CT2, shift well
iirc 130g for a 50/34 set
Lots of choices: 33, 34, 35, 36 ...48, 49, 50, 51, 52

same. i use Stronglight and Praxis. both are great.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

TheDarkInstall, did you ever find chainrings that work? I had the same experience with Di2, Power2Max & SISL2 cranks. Mine wouldn't shift to the big ring at all no matter how much adjustment was done by myself or LBS.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Ltoddokc wrote:TheDarkInstall, did you ever find chainrings that work? I had the same experience with Di2, Power2Max & SISL2 cranks. Mine wouldn't shift to the big ring at all no matter how much adjustment was done by myself or LBS.

I am currently running an Ultegra FD (I made a thread about my buggered Dura Ace FD...), and have that dialled about 0.8mm away from the big chain ring, which seems to be shifting a bit better at the moment. This is closer than recommended by Shimano, but seems to be working OK. I will try the same thing when I get a new Dura Ace FD from Shimano and see how that works as well. If this sorts the issue, then that will be good. If not, I will keep hunting for new chainrings.

So, no. I haven't tried anything else yet.

Your issue; you couldn't get it to up-shift at all?

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

It would upshift very sloppily in the workstand but never in use out on the road. So frustrating. I tried an FSA ring, it was better but still not great so I took off the Power2Max and reinstalled the Spidering... flawless shifting. So now I'm considering having a 4iiii installed on the SISL2 arm.