what do you think of cannondale evo 2017??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

fromtrektocolnago wrote:Seems every new bike is always lighter, stiffer and more compliant. It's even more aero. The marketing guys went on overkill when it came to buzzwords.

Except all those are true on the 2016 Evo, so...

Evo is hideously noodly. Putting any amount of power into the system and it feels like the whole thing is going to fall apart.

However the frame seems ok riding tempo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jeffy

by jeffy

Seems Every brand is holding out publishing pics of their 2017 range for the new Dura Ace.
Really want to see what Cannondal Chameleon looks like. renders looks similar to the weenies forum background color.

superdx

by superdx

mariovalentim wrote:
superdx wrote:I think you were riding a China-dale not a Cannondale

everyone is riding a Cannondale is riding a "China-dale", these sort of demeaning jabs at China needs to stop it's so rude.

And thinking Taiwan is part of China is also quite insulting. Don't confuse a democratic country with an authoritarian state.

gravity

by gravity

collin wrote:cannodale is more like MTB type.

Thank you for today's amusement.

mimason

by mimason

fromtrektocolnago wrote:Seems every new bike is always lighter, stiffer and more compliant. It's even more aero. The marketing guys went on overkill when it came to buzzwords.

I think if Giant delivered on this with the '16 TCR Adv SL so can many other manufacturers. You just have to ignore the buzzwords for the meat. We are not at the end of improved engineering designs, resins, materials yet so many cool things to come.

fritzbox

by fritzbox

Nice colour [THUMBS UP SIGN] ImageImage

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Skylark wrote:Evo is hideously noodly. Putting any amount of power into the system and it feels like the whole thing is going to fall apart.

However the frame seems ok riding tempo.

Erm, I have owned 2 Evos; a 2012 and now a 2014. Neither has been flexy in any way. I put a lot of force through mine, and it is perfect.

Sagan seemed to be able to hammer his OK, as do the rest of the Cannondale team, plus countless other people on a daily basis. I have never felt it flex ever.

Skylark

by Skylark

There's a difference between plenty stiff and adequately stiff.

TheDarkInstall

by TheDarkInstall

Skylark wrote:There's a difference between plenty stiff and adequately stiff.

How does this subjective, vague comment work as a response to what I said?

The Evo is not a flexy frame. It simply isn't.

If you are getting it to flex, like you claim, then I would love to see a photo of you.

Skylark

by Skylark

Your post isn't even worth arguing about. You're way off the mark in terms of what I said and the topic I brought up in this thread.

wingguy

by wingguy

No, his post isn't worth arguing about - because it's true. Simple as.

thumper88

by thumper88

It's not even faintly "noodly."
This is pretty far off base. I'm a sprinter and don't find it significantly different from the venge, sl4 s-works or current S5. It's noticeably stiffer that the Allez smartweld and Ridley Noah at least torsionally.

boysa

by boysa

Stiffer than the Allez? Which model? All I've heard about the Allez Sprint is how stiff it is. Curious about a comparison.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

Skylark

by Skylark

thumper88 wrote:It's not even faintly "noodly."
This is pretty far off base. I'm a sprinter and don't find it significantly different from the venge, sl4 s-works or current S5. It's noticeably stiffer that the Allez smartweld and Ridley Noah at least torsionally.

Anything is stiffer than the Allez SW (Mark 1) particularly in the BB.
But SL4 is defo stiffer than the Evo.
Evo has aero going for it and is more aero than SL4.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

2lo8

by 2lo8

superdx wrote:And thinking Taiwan is part of China is also quite insulting. Don't confuse a democratic country with an authoritarian state.

Taiwan has only been democratic for a quarter of a century and was a ruthless authoritarian state, the official title of the state is the Republic of China, and for a long time, they were pretenders to being the ruling state of China. The vast majority of inhabitants are ethnic Han Chinese. Within the RoC, formal Taiwanese independence is a partisan issue, with the KMT claiming the "one China principle" according to the 1992 consensus and the DPP pushing for formal separation as Taiwan.

It's not as simple as evil godless commies on one side of the strait and democratic capitalist good guys on the other. There's a lot of reasons Taiwan is associated with China. If you don't like the PRC, then you can say the PRC. You can offend a Chinese person by conflating the PRC with China the same way you can insult a Russian by associating that with the USSR.
[14lb(6.35kg) of no carbon fiber]
[2lo8.wordpress.com]
Your one-stop source for information and reviews on cheap eBay bike junk.