Question for Kinesis Racelight owners

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

i'm looking at a 48cm Kinesis Racelight T2 V3 Frame and have a couple questions for Kinesis Racelight owners:

1) i see they have their own brand of fork.. but wondering if you would recommend on using that or should i go with a different front fork?
2) what's the weight of the frame?
3) how's the ride quality? is the BB section stiff enough for climbing without feeling like a spring?
4) how's this compared to a CAAD10 or CAAD12?

thanks in advance.

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

The Kinesis T2 is basically what most would consider a winter og wet weather frame, that is intended for mudguards and 57mm long-reach brakes. The T2 is in no way inetended to compete with high-end aluminium frames like the CAAD 10 or 12.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bondurant

by Bondurant

I have a tk3 so take my answers with a pinch of salt but kinesis tend if anything to overbuild their frames so I'd say flex in the bb is unlikely and likewise it is likely to be on the porky side in terms of weight.

I believe geo between t2 and tk3 is the same or similar, mine is good to ride.

Are you talking about the Tracer fork? If so, it's a good option. Solid and tracks well.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

addictR1

by addictR1

Ravnsnaes: yea i know.. this built won't be a WW build.. rather an everyday ride/commuter

Bondurant: thanks, i was also reading up on the crosslight model and that was 2.2Kg for frame + fork for XL. so since i'm looking at 48cm, should be much lighter i hope.

mattr

by mattr

The forks are actually pretty nice, you'd have to drop a significant amount of cash to get a better equivalent. Maybe upgrade to a better kinesis one. Full carbon?
Both mine (tk) and my wives (t) are plenty stiff and quite nice to ride. Mines about 10 and a bit kilos ready to ride including guards. Got no worries riding it in exactly the same manner as my race bike.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Can you stretch to the TK3/4S? I replaced my T2 with one and it's definitely worth the extra. 300g lighter and improved ride quality with a stiffer front end.

addictR1

by addictR1

Mockenrue: i wouldn't mind going for the 4S model.. but i've only seen the 4S with disc.. but i don't want disc. anywhere else sells the gray color one?

or how about Aithein? i see it's a bit more...
Last edited by addictR1 on Tue May 31, 2016 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I don't know where you are but there are plenty of places selling the standard 4S in the UK, e.g. here (product code RZH5594.)

addictR1

by addictR1

Mockenrue: thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tenlegs

by Tenlegs

Kinesis Racelight fork recall

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=139627