Noob - weight loss 2014 SuperSix Evo non hi-mod :(

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Vikingpower

by Vikingpower

Greetings. I 'searched' for weight loss technques for my bike: 2014 Cannondale SuperSix Evo (2) with Red22. I'm a very small Clyde (205 and dropping), and have swapped my handlebars, stem, and seatpost to my liking: Deda Pista alu, Zipp Sprint, Thomson Masterpiece. I'm thinking of a carbon railed Selle SMP of some sort. I know I need different wheels which will be huge, but anywhere else? I did note that I have the 50g headset compression/top cap. How much does the lighter C-dale one weigh? 15g? Can't find the Extralight Ultrasomething 3 with top cap for less than $70...yikes. I'm running an old Powertap, but will get either a Power2Max or Stages (very light). Thanks all.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

I think you already have a fairly light bike with red. I wouldn't change my PM based on weight though.

You might consider to switch lighter quick release skewers (I recommend Tune AC14) and bottle cages (I recommend Tune Wasserträger 2.0). This can save you around 100-150g. With a light saddle you can shave off another 50-100g.
Wheels can save you a lot if you still have the stock wheels. Probably around 200-300g if you stick with clinchers and even more if you choose tubs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Vikingpower

by Vikingpower

Forgot to mention I have 2 carbon cages and the powertap is the old gen (667g for just the hub). Right now with my trusty Dura Ace 7810 pedals and powertap lyc mounted, but no bottles is right at 17. New wheels etc should have me very close to 16 I'm hoping. It's a 56.