Anyone heard of/used this stem? Procraft.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

It's inexpensive, light and has red clamps. Looking for something like this, but not willing to settle for something of doubtful safety.

https://r2-bike.com/PROCRAFT-Stem-318-mm-PRC-ST1-/-7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

It's a re-branded Kally UNO stem. That's it. They added graphics, colored the clamps, and a glossy finish.

Their site is empty, what little is available is - literally - excerpts from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC.

aka the "Lorem Ipsum" text.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

junchen

by junchen

Lorem ipsum text lol. Nice one....

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

deepakvrao

by deepakvrao

Thanks guys. I'll buy the Kalloy off ebay.

BRM

by BRM

prendrefeu wrote:It's a re-branded Kally UNO stem. That's it. They added graphics, colored the clamps, and a glossy finish.

Their site is empty, what little is available is - literally - excerpts from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC.

aka the "Lorem Ipsum" text.

Their site is empty?
How do you come with that?
The url in my post just shows a pletora of products. ???

further its not Kally but KALLOY

Have in mind that products bought on ebay don't have a real warranty period.
But products of a European shop comes standard with 2 year Warranty and other consumer profitable rules and regulations.

ms6073

by ms6073

BRM wrote:Their site is empty?
How do you come with that?

Sure, technically there are links to a bunch of products, but the home page where the URL lands, contains only the text, pasted below, and is essentially found on templates offered to help streamline the process to quickly spin up a website!

Ex feugait processus est veniam sit

In enim justo, rhoncus ut, imperdiet a, venenatis vitae, justo. Nullam dictum felis eu pede mollis pretium. Integer tincidunt. Cras dapibus. Vivamus elementum semper nisi. Aenean vulputate eleifend tellus. Aenean leo ligula, porttitor eu, consequat vitae, eleifend ac, enim. Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus.

Ex feugait processus est veniam sit. Qui ut typi consequat nobis elit. Liber facer elit delenit nunc consequat. Parum augue in minim vero amet. Te qui ut per molestie notare.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Here's the Kalloy http://fairwheelbikes.com/fair-wheel-ka ... ealth-stem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

BRM

by BRM

Probably you are using Chrome browser. Try with IE.

I see the following with IE

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

It's 2016. Having a website which is not compatible with 70.4% of users worldwide is a bit... ummm... stupid, no? Actually, it's incredibly stupid, not a bit - incredibly
(reference: http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp)

That said, let's go to the stem in question:

Now let's look at a Kalloy UNO stem..
http://fairwheelbikes.com/fair-wheel-ka ... alth-stem/

Yes, despite having fancy stems on their website which is apparently unavailable to 70.4% of users on the internet, the stem in question is in fact a rebadged UNO stem.

... Since this topic not about other stems they offer, that's all we can say about the brand at this time.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

BRM

by BRM

Sure this is typically you. :D

I admit that a website should be compatible with as many browsers possible. But recently there are several issues regarding compatibility with browsers like Firefox and Chrome. I told it already many times, and this is just another example, the bikeindustry is a mediocre industry and I expect the website is probably not updated for longer time. Doesn't matter. You make it a too important point. Turn it around. When using Firefox or Chrome you can expect so now and then issues with websites. Be prepared. But even with using IE you need to be aware of possible browser issues. So moral of the story: When something is not working in one browser, try another and/or even a third one. Why you expect I give a link that is not working? :)

r2bike is a known website with highend parts, you can expect that products you buy there are of decent level and because its a EU shop they fall under EU warranty laws, which means they need to give you 2 years warranty. + the EU related other consumer laws.

Its completely normal that a company sells products made by others. That doesnt mean all their products are rebadged items. And it doesn't say anything of the quality of their total product line.

Since this topic not about other stems they offer, that's all we can say about the brand at this time.

How did you come with that? Googling on the brand tells you much more about the brand. For the interested there is enough information to find. To rank a brand by looking to only one product is not very smart, imo.

Personally I dont like this particular stem, it looks cheap.
From an engineering point I don't like the two separate faceplates.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tenlegs

by Tenlegs

Website works fine using the latest version of Chrome, no issues at all.