Boardman AIR 9.2 2013

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Pirlo

by Pirlo

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I want some opinions on an offer I was given. I was offered a Boardman AIR 9.2 2013 bike with old Eurus wheels (I suspect before 2006 even) and 10 speed Campy record groupset (around 2008 to 2010 I think) except the crank which is a FSA SL-K standard crank. The bike is really well preserved and the frame itself is fairly new. I really liked the way Campagnolo feels and works. The bike belongs to a rower so it hasn't been raced or trained on often. The price offered is around 1500 dollars for the bike.
I currently have a Cube Litening 2013 bike with full ultegra and some heavy training DT Swiss wheels. The Cube, I planned to sell for the exact price of 1500 dollars and I allready have a buyer. So basically I'd just be swapping the bikes.
The Boardman's wheels alone weigh almost 500 grams less than the Cube's wheels. The cube is also 10speed like the Boardman.

Basically, would you go for the Boardman if you had the Cube ? Is the old Campy reliable (I've heard many good things about Campagnolo longevity) ? And mostly, are the Eurus wheels still good even if they are likely over 10 years old ?
Again, the bike is/was ridden rarely. I was thinking, the Boardman frame alone could cost around 1500 dollars even ?
I'm a fairly light (73kg 188cm) ex elite duathlete switching to XCM racing because of a long lasting achilles injury.
The road bike is obviously for road training :)

Thanks for any input on the subject!
Cheers from Croatia

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com