BB386 power meter compatibility

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stormur

by stormur

Did anyone noticed any incompatibilities of BB386 ( BH bike ) and certain power meter ?

I still "fight with thoughts" about PM, narrowed options - but perhaps there are some issues I don't know yet....

My choice is narrowed now for Garmin Vector, P2max on 3d24/3d30 or Rotor InPower.

My difference between Watts generated by L & R leg is so big ( 65:35 ) so basically left side pm is enough, however would be better (?) to have device measuring both sides... .
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jekyll man

by jekyll man

3D24 P2max is touch and go depending on what frame it is, and how much carbon is built up around the bb shell.
S type P2m's have 57mm internal dia.

You may need a 3D30 version, although I think Tilquist ran a G6 and got away with a 24mm P2M..
Official cafe stop tester

stormur

by stormur

My frame is BH Quartz 2015...
Mark Twain

ms6073

by ms6073

stormur wrote:My choice is narrowed now for Garmin Vector, P2max on 3d24/3d30 or Rotor InPower.

You might consider the Favero Bepro power pedals which would can be purchases as dual or single sided, no antenna pods, and cost a bit less than the Garmin Vectors for dual sided option. While I currently have SRM's on our bikes, I now have a KTM Sky Revelator disc frameset that will be built up soon, and rather than another SRM, I am definitely leaning towards the Bepro pedals.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

stormur

by stormur

BePro had some thoyghts, but from waht I've been reading it has some issues with charge port rubber door quality & with un / clipping damaging device body shell...
Mark Twain

micky

by micky

Can you point me out where you've been reading about problems with damaged charing port and body?
Thanks.

ms6073

by ms6073

DCRainmaker's initial review pointed out those issues, but reading down through the followup comments to his blog post, and I read numerous replies that indicate production units are fine. There is user feedback in the WW BePRO Favero power pedals? thead.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com