San marco Regale alternatives

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

benzebub

by benzebub

hello guys,

I currently have a Specialized toupe saddle, which I like but is a bit too wide. The wings keep chaffing my inner thigh (where it meets my butt cheeks) which I don't like. I do like the cutout very much.

I used to ride a Selle San marco regale and the width was perfect, but the downpoint is the missing cutout.
Is there a saddle that has the Regale width (148mm) and shape (or close) but with a cutout?
But I could be wrong

dj97223

by dj97223

I went from a Toupe to the Regale to a pre-2016 SSM Manta (not the new Manta, which is flat front to back, but the older model was not) and the Manta works for me. I have a new Aspide Wide on my second bike, and it feels similar to the Manta, but less padding.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrgray

by mrgray

i was on a regale and it was ok and then the aspide as per the poster above, then fizik antares, then fizik kurve and now the ax lightness leaf. all of these were around the right width and the ax was most comfortable for me. it has a nice cut out, weighs nothing and is a great fit. both the aspide and the antares were tougher on my sit bones. fizik kurve very good but heavy.

obviously saddles are very specific but i think we are in the same ball park so my little journey may have some applicability.
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

Bely

by Bely

I just recently started using the S works power saddle and I am pretty much sold...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current
Festka Scala | Pego Respo | English V3 | Colnago EPS Erik Zabel | Colnago V4rs

Incoming