where to get this part?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

just got my 2nd set of Rotor QXL rings. my 1st set, i installed it onto my SRAM RED crankarm, which had a threaded washer that can be removed.

when installing my 2nd set onto my Force22 crankarm, i notice the threaded washer seems to be pressed into the Force outter chainring and is not removable.

anyone know where i can get the same threaded washer for the SRAM RED?

please see photo of the threaded washer that is used to screw in the bolt behind the drive side crankarm.

thanks.
Attachments
force.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I needed one when I purchased my Quarq power meter. I called Quarq and they sent me one free of charge. If you are in the U.S. I suggest calling SRAM. They might be willing to send you one for free.

addictR1

by addictR1

pdlpsher1: thanks. will give them a try and see. hopefully won't have to wait too long. or can i use a non-hidden bolt version on my Force22?

i just checked SRAM's website. seems only way to contact them is if you are a dealer?

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

No, the non-hidden bolt will not work. The other option is to press out the bolt on your Force22 rings. Any press will do the job.

Yes, the SRAM phone directory is confusing. Rest assured the tech answer your request even if you are not a dealer. I encountered the same thing recently when I called SRAM regarding a question I had unrelated to the one you are having.

I will have the same issue as you when I purchase a new ring for my Quarq power meter. The Quarq power meter is setup just like the Force22 rings. I plan to buy a Red22 ring so it won't come with the pressed-in bolt. So please keep us updated on what SRAM says. Thanks.

addictR1

by addictR1

Ok. Will give them a call tomorrow and see.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

You should be able to just bang it out with a hammer.

addictR1

by addictR1

I tried but it wouldn't budge and I don't have a press at home...

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

addictR1 wrote:I tried but it wouldn't budge and I don't have a press at home...

Put a steel chainring bolt in the pressed-in nut. Find a piece of wood and drill a large hold in the wood. Put the pressed-in nut over the hole. One hammer blow on the bolt will knock the pressed-in nut out.

Did you end up talking to SRAM?

addictR1

by addictR1

yea i called SRAM.. waited for 10mins before getting transferred. spoke to 2 CS and they weren't able to ship me what i needed. so i ended up just ordering this set from amazon: http://amzn.to/1OLab7Z

after looking at it last night.. with my rotor QXL rings, i would also need that spacer on the SRAM RED for my Force22 crank. so this set i got from amazon should do the trick.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com