Which campagnolo bottom bracket record for SR 11 groupset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fh8425

by fh8425

Hi all,

Need some advise, which bottom bracket should i chose for a Campag SR 11 mech group set ?

ultra torque outboard cup and super record outboard cup bottom bracket ?

I read the difference is the super record outboard BB does not have a inner seal and water can get into the bottom bracket. The ultra torque outboard cup has the inner seal.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks
fh
Last edited by fh8425 on Thu May 19, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

junchen

by junchen

For which frame and bottom bracket type?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

fh8425

by fh8425

my frame is a orbea orca using BB30 BB.

However my lbs press a FSA threaded sleeve into the bb so i could use an existing CK bb which i carried over from my previous bike. My current setup is DA9000.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

You have effectively a threaded BB, and that's a good thing. Just use Campy SR threaded cups. They lack the inner seal, but that's only needed if water gets in to the BB shell and then into the bearing which would be impossible with the threaded sleeve there.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

fh8425

by fh8425

bikerjulio wrote:You have effectively a threaded BB, and that's a good thing. Just use Campy SR threaded cups. They lack the inner seal, but that's only needed if water gets in to the BB shell and then into the bearing which would be impossible with the threaded sleeve there.

OK Julio, got it. Thanks.

ergott

by ergott

Water usually gets into a frame elsewhere like at the seatpost/frame junction (not sure how the Orbea looks) and cable ports. Don't assume that water only gets into a frame at the BB.

That said, you have to determine just how much wet weather riding you do. Also, if your frame doesn't already have a hole for water to drain I would add one. You don't need a big hole, just an 1/8" bit so water can get out.

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

OP has an FSA threaded sleeve pressed into a BB30 sleeve. I would not be drilling any holes. Any water in that seatpost is going to stay in the seatpost.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

helldiver

by helldiver

Use SR cups or even regular Ultra-Torque cups if you already have them, just remove the seals (very easy, just push/pull them off). Technically, it would work without problems with seals as well, but then it's kind of pointless to run expensive CULT bearings like that - they have less drag mainly because they can be used without seals as they don't contain grease (which could be contaminated with water) and metal balls (which will corrode when surrounded by damp greasy-water mixture).

ergott

by ergott

bikerjulio wrote:OP has an FSA threaded sleeve pressed into a BB30 sleeve. I would not be drilling any holes. Any water in that seatpost is going to stay in the seatpost.

Ah, I see what you mean. Didn't realized those sleeves are sealed units.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com