Bottom Bracket Size on S-Works Tarmac

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Racingevo

by Racingevo

I am looking at getting an S-Works Tarmac Frameset and transferring all my components from my Supersix Evo and I have a couple questions about the bottom bracket size on the S-Works:

Is the bottom bracket on the S-works BB30, OSBB, or other? Can I transfer the crankset from my Cannondale Supersix which I know is BB30/ PF30?

What I have now is SRAM Red 11sp 52/36. I'm using it with Ultegra 6800 group.

Thanks everyone

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pottsy

by Pottsy

The current Tarmac is BB30.

ifrit

by ifrit

I used OSBB with 2014 Sworks Tarmac.
8) Condor Leggero 2015 Mavic Team :evil:

Racingevo

by Racingevo

Sorry but I'm more confused after doing some more research. I looked into Kogel bottom brackets and see BB30, PF30, and OSBB. Which adapter will I need to fit an Ultegra 6800 crank? From the photos on their website it seems like the OSBB and PF30 after the same adapter but with extra spacers?

The frame is supposed to be 2017 S works Tarmac. Should be the same as 2014 SWorks Tarmac?

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

The frame will come with a BB installed. It will also come with adapters to run a Shimano 24mm crank. They work great.

Racingevo

by Racingevo

Briscoelab wrote:The frame will come with a BB installed. It will also come with adapters to run a Shimano 24mm crank. They work great.

Thanks, I wasn't sure of this. Is there a picture of it? Is it similar to wheels manufacturing or FSA adapter? I hear those creak.

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

It's just 2 inserts that go on either side of the BB. My wife and I both have them on 2 road bikes and some CX bikes. They work fine. Put some grease on them and they are largely creak free. If they do get noisy then it's super simply to pull the crank, wipe them off and regrease. After the BB needs replacing consider getting one of the other options if you aren't happy. But I wouldn't replace it out of the box for no good reason.

keyurbhatnagar

by keyurbhatnagar

I am doing the same switch. Got a sworks tarmac frameset and I am moving my SRAM Quark BB30 crank from my SuperSix Evo to the new frame. I am assuming I don't have to do anything in terms of adapters. The crank should fit right in to the ceramic speed bearings.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com