3D+ Rotor cranks with new cassette

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

canoas

by canoas

A friend of mine is giving away some Rotor 110 BCD 3D+ cranks! owes me a favour (he's switching up to 175mm)
I'd thought I'd give them a go, am interested in their lightness and alloy trinity drilling system

My LBL wouldn't recommend running QRings on Campagnolo 11 speed but rather nonQ rings. That's fine for me. He said the front mech has to be lifted all sorts of problems can happen with Qrings and it seems to work better on Sram/Shimano.

I'm planning to run a 52-36 with a 11-29 Record cassette, why, I'm heading to Geneva > Alps next month.
Would a 36/29 combination give me a 34/27 or similar which I usually run? Anyone know of an accurate calculation
Does 11-29 work with a 2011 Campagnolo 11 speed rear mech?

And anyone who have run this combination or 3D+ with Campagnolo feedback.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

iliedanila

by iliedanila

canoas wrote:
Would a 36/29 combination give me a 34/27 or similar which I usually run? Anyone know of an accurate calculation.

Just divide and compare.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

TomColnago

by TomColnago

I run 53/39 Q rings on my bike with 2015 campagnolo record and it shifts perfect :) will admit it took a while to get it sorted but haven't had to adjust it

canoas

by canoas

TomColnago wrote:I run 53/39 Q rings on my bike with 2015 campagnolo record and it shifts perfect :) will admit it took a while to get it sorted but haven't had to adjust it

Did you have problems or have had any issues with the front mech? A mechanic explained to me the chain can fall off with Campy because of the rings raising during the pedal stroke.

canoas

by canoas

iliedanila wrote:
canoas wrote:
Would a 36/29 combination give me a 34/27 or similar which I usually run? Anyone know of an accurate calculation.

Just divide and compare.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I found out you cannot run a 11-29 on 2011 Campagnolo rear mech. Only 2015 onwards rear mech supports 11-29 therefore I would need to run a 12-29 with my 2011 rear mech which I don't like you spin out. I'll stick to a 52/36 11-27 and suffer if need be.

TomColnago

by TomColnago

I can recall it being a pain to set up as it kept over shifter but I dialed this problem out which took a while but now it's perfect. I did run rotor rings on my centaur 10 speed aswell with no issues and it was easier to set up. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com