Enve 4.5 SES Long-Term Video Review

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cyclelogue

by Cyclelogue

I got some great feedback about the R5 video, and tried to use it as best I can to share my take on the Enve 4.5 SES. I hope this helps if you are considering buying this wheelset!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXRnE7j ... e=youtu.be

:beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stueys

by Stueys

Nice review, I ride an R5 on 4.5 clinchers so enjoyed your work so far :wink:

Only thing I would add is that I've ridden these through torrential rain, the braking is significantly down on dry weather performance. To be expected on a full carbon rim, it would be interesting to see if the new brake track improves that.

Nicely done video

Cyclelogue

by Cyclelogue

Yeah I was on the Bontragers last summer descending in the pouring rain, and was scared s*&tless. It felt like dragging my cleat on the ground would be more effective. I don't know how the pros do it!

Thanks for watching!

sd5500

by sd5500

Cyclelogue wrote:Yeah I was on the Bontragers last summer descending in the pouring rain, and was scared s*&tless. It felt like dragging my cleat on the ground would be more effective. I don't know how the pros do it!

Thanks for watching!

Great video! I actually had those same Bontrager wheels. Overall they were a nice light solid wheel, but wet weather braking was absolutely frightening. Last year I had a race where I also descended in very heavy rain, and thats when I knew they were going on ebay. I have the new brake track 4.5s with the enve hubs, and I absolutely love them! I have not experienced wet braking yet, but they sure look like they will do pretty well.

Jhong

by Jhong

Enve 4.5 is One of the greast wheel set!
I want to get enve in someday.
I think enve is looks so fantastic with cervelo yellow frame at 2015 tdf.