Enve 4.5 SES Long-Term Video Review

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cyclelogue

by Cyclelogue

I got some great feedback about the R5 video, and tried to use it as best I can to share my take on the Enve 4.5 SES. I hope this helps if you are considering buying this wheelset!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXRnE7j ... e=youtu.be

:beerchug:

Stueys

by Stueys

Nice review, I ride an R5 on 4.5 clinchers so enjoyed your work so far :wink:

Only thing I would add is that I've ridden these through torrential rain, the braking is significantly down on dry weather performance. To be expected on a full carbon rim, it would be interesting to see if the new brake track improves that.

Nicely done video

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cyclelogue

by Cyclelogue

Yeah I was on the Bontragers last summer descending in the pouring rain, and was scared s*&tless. It felt like dragging my cleat on the ground would be more effective. I don't know how the pros do it!

Thanks for watching!

sd5500

by sd5500

Cyclelogue wrote:Yeah I was on the Bontragers last summer descending in the pouring rain, and was scared s*&tless. It felt like dragging my cleat on the ground would be more effective. I don't know how the pros do it!

Thanks for watching!

Great video! I actually had those same Bontrager wheels. Overall they were a nice light solid wheel, but wet weather braking was absolutely frightening. Last year I had a race where I also descended in very heavy rain, and thats when I knew they were going on ebay. I have the new brake track 4.5s with the enve hubs, and I absolutely love them! I have not experienced wet braking yet, but they sure look like they will do pretty well.

Jhong

by Jhong

Enve 4.5 is One of the greast wheel set!
I want to get enve in someday.
I think enve is looks so fantastic with cervelo yellow frame at 2015 tdf.