New 2017 Wilier Cento Air ??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ch00bzs

by ch00bzs

Got this from GCN Instagram

Looks like a combination of Cento1 SR & Cento1 Air

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

Cool but Wilier can do much better than that.

mimason

by mimason

Somebody photoshop the ugly wheels and saddle out so I can see what it could look like. It might not be that bad.

jimborello

by jimborello

Yes please also get rid of the aero handle bar/stem combo, it looks awful!

glepore

by glepore

Its being ridden by Pozzato http://road.cc/content/tech-news/189242 ... e-and-fuji

I have a Cento Uno-suspect the post is an effort to reduce the rear harshness of the Uno, which transmits big hits thru the massive post pretty much undamped.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

JoeFlan

by JoeFlan

Secret shots found at the Tour D'photoshop
Don't look too close :mrgreen:
Current Steed
Supersix Evo 6.25kg
CAAD10 6.8kg
Giant TCR SLR 6.8kg
Past Lovers
Focus Izalco Pro
Cervelo S1

mimason

by mimason

Thanks, much better. I'd ride that.

rossjm11

by rossjm11

That is super ugly
BMC SLR01 2015
Redline Conquest Team

superdx

by superdx

That is one heck of a Photoshop edit, it looks real!

ichobi

by ichobi

Handlebar looks like a canyon clone, with madone 9 di2 access port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

audiojan

by audiojan

Looks more like an update than a brand new bike... New integrated handlebars, the Di2 access port, etc., but why in the world would you go through all that and leave the brakes where they are...
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

han1337

by han1337

audiojan wrote:Looks more like an update than a brand new bike... New integrated handlebars, the Di2 access port, etc., but why in the world would you go through all that and leave the brakes where they are...

Actually, moving the brakes somewhere has its disadvantages too - from mechanics perspective.
Depends on what you want - I prefer this way to go.

audiojan

by audiojan

han1337 wrote:
audiojan wrote:Looks more like an update than a brand new bike... New integrated handlebars, the Di2 access port, etc., but why in the world would you go through all that and leave the brakes where they are...

Actually, moving the brakes somewhere has its disadvantages too - from mechanics perspective.
Depends on what you want - I prefer this way to go.

Integrated brakes doesn't have to be that complicated... yes, it takes an extra few minutes to set up, but after that, it works perfect. I have integrated brakes on my BMC TM01 and I probably spend 15 minutes setting them up initially, but haven't done anything to them since (about 2 years). I would think if you're going to make an aero road bike, you would look at all aspects of it (incl brakes), not just some of the things to improve aerodynamics....
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

The Cervelo S2/S3/S5 and Canyon Aeroad doesn't seem to suffer much from traditional brake placement.

personally I like as few special parts as possible. I like to be able to decide the components on my bike.

/Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cfr

by cfr

Wilier is set to release a new aero bike, supposedly under a new name (which escapes me at the moment). I've seen renderings of it floating around and this definitely appears to be it. Should be released at the fall trade shows along with a wilier gravel bike and some cool mountain bike stuff.