New 2017 Wilier Cento Air ??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tinozee

by tinozee

It's a slightly odd mix of curved and straight lines. I bet it looks better in a smaller size.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Philbar72

by Philbar72

it would seem to be reasonably heavy. 1040grams for a medium frame? the top end aero road bikes like Canyon and trek are slightly lighter.

like the integration. don't like the ursus wheels!!!!

stormur

by stormur

Urus Miura are one of the best wheelsets ever made. On image come with team hm... color.... so it not visualy attractive ( to name it gentle ). really, there's world out of Zipp & Enve. Better one ;) .

BTW cento10Air released :) one of most beauty paint schemes ever for me.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

kgt

by kgt

More photo from a recent test by http://www.mbike.gr
In this specific color it looks really nice.

fogman

by fogman

For some reason orange and blue go great together. I have a similar color scheme on my Focus Mares CX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Philbar72

by Philbar72

cento 10 air is the official name.

mvnsnd

by mvnsnd

Looks nice. Looking forward to reviews on weight and ride quality.

chiltonp

by chiltonp

Doesn't look especially aero compared to new Foil, Madone and Aeroad but does look great in the orange/blue/white color scheme.

Starwax

by Starwax

Yeah, I think i read somewhere It was designed by CFD instead of wind tunnel testing (much cheaper). I doubt it will be as aero as a wind tunnel designed bike as shown by the old Virgin F1 team that built its car using CFD (It was last).

Lovely bike though and one for my maybe list next year :)

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Any updates on this snazzy looking bike?
Just ride ..

htc

by htc

I've ridden this - back to back with Giant Propel SL it felt heavy, sluggish and kind of like a truck.. Once up to speed on a flat you could get some decent momentum going, overall though really didn't enjoy the ride..

Philbar72

by Philbar72

I own one now as a replacement for my Timemachine TMR01. that died after it ingested a stone in the downtube that caused a fair bit of collateral damage!

its faster, and more agile, it also handles better. acceleration wise, it goes really well. depends on the wheels attached to it I guess!

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

Those that are riding this I am interested in knowing if you are using a mechanical group set with the special bars and stem that allow all the gear cables to be internal. How is the shifting quality- is it badly affected by the tight bends?

Adutch

by Adutch

cunn1n9 wrote:Those that are riding this I am interested in knowing if you are using a mechanical group set with the special bars and stem that allow all the gear cables to be internal. How is the shifting quality- is it badly affected by the tight bends?

I'm an owner of this terrific bike. I'm using the Ultegra mechanical combi, with Alabarda stem (lengthened version of it, 42 cm wide). Shifting quality is superb. Razorsharp.

Might be the 'this is my new bike' effect, we'll see. For now it is really good. Also the(ir) find to widen the stays for the airflow seems to really ups the tempo around 2 to 3 km/h on average... never a bad thing. Motivates to train even harder.

Ok, just my 2 cents on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cunn1n9

by cunn1n9

Adutch wrote:
cunn1n9 wrote:Those that are riding this I am interested in knowing if you are using a mechanical group set with the special bars and stem that allow all the gear cables to be internal. How is the shifting quality- is it badly affected by the tight bends?

I'm an owner of this terrific bike. I'm using the Ultegra mechanical combi, with Alabarda stem (lengthened version of it, 42 cm wide). Shifting quality is superb. Razorsharp.

Might be the 'this is my new bike' effect, we'll see. For now it is really good. Also the(ir) find to widen the stays for the airflow seems to really ups the tempo around 2 to 3 km/h on average... never a bad thing. Motivates to train even harder.

Ok, just my 2 cents on it.

Hey thanks for replying really appreciate it. Glad you are enjoying the bike.
One of the things I was thinking is that the fit on this must be very precise given the integrated stem/bars and the fact that the seatpost setback is 22mm. Did you find fitting difficult?