ENVE Garmin Mount Version 2 (V2)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

survivor

by survivor

ENVE didn't state it in the product title or descriptions but they have quietly released an improve newer version 2 (V2) of their Garmin computer mount.

I have both the existing ENVE Garmin mount and the latest V2 Garmin mount. ENVE resolved most of the existing ENVE Garmin mount issues with this newer V2 ENVE Garmin mount. One major issue with the existing mount is Garmin Edge 1000 compatibility. The V2 is now longer to fit Garmin Edge 1000 (even with its silicon casing). It also has two attach options so that you can mount your Garmin unit vertically or horizontally (the existing mount doesn't support horizontal mounting). It also improved the quarter lock mechanism so that you won't have issue of the whole quarter lock coming off when you try to unlock your Garmin unit (which is a known issue with the existing mount).

For those of you that are concern about weight, the V2 mount weight 28g, which is 8g heavier than the existing mount that weight 20g. This is expected due to the longer dimension and the beefier quarter lock mechanism.

Kudos to ENVE for listening to the user feedback and made the effort to improve their products! The V2 mount rocks! Now the only thing missing is the GoPro mount accessory :D

ENVE Garmin mount V2

V2 on the left, existing on the right. Longer design on the V2 for Garmin Edge 1000 compatibility

Two holes on the V2 to accomodate vertical and horizontal mounting

Beefier quarter lock mechanism on the V2. The V2 aluminum mount now encompass all the circumference depth of the quarter lock mechanism instead of just very shallow depth on the existing mount

V2 mount weight 28g, which is 8g heavier than existing mount

Existing mount weight 20g

V2 has no issue with Garmin Edge 1000, still some space to spare even with its silicon casing

cucci35

by cucci35

Thx your information.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

airkon

by airkon

Tried to get the v2 a week ago but ended up with a v1 instead so anyone interested might want to confirm with the shop before you buy.

ms6073

by ms6073

airkon wrote:Tried to get the v2 a week ago but ended up with a v1 instead

If you open an Enve Support request to report that your Garmin rotates in the brand new mount, and they will send you a V2 replacement at no charge.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

flashpunk

by flashpunk

Question: does it have the ability to add a GoPro mount under like the k-edge has?

ms6073

by ms6073

Take a look at the images posted above and I think you will see there is no allowance in the mount for anything but the Garmin.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

greenedgefan

by greenedgefan

The locking mechanism can be removed it seems, I wonder if I could design and 3D an insert to fit a Joule GPS? Any thoughts on whether this would work?

llhh

by llhh

By the way, if someone wants to get rid of their old V1, I would be happy to buy one :) Can't see them available anywhere and it would fit better for Edge 25.
Parlee Z1 Super Record
Dogma F Red AXS

Shrike

by Shrike

Lighter than the K edge mount too. Think the K-Edge XL for the Edge 1000 is 34grams. Should really have went all the way and had a version with a Go Pro mount on the underside, or at least different attachments.

kode54

by kode54

that's good news. i have the v1 and had a few mounts rotate within the mount itself. Enve sent me replacements. i have a Garmin Edge810 for the shorter mounts since the 1000 didn't fit.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

ms6073

by ms6073

llhh wrote:By the way, if someone wants to get rid of their old V1, I would be happy to buy one :)

PM me. Enve replaced all 3 of our V1 mounts and I would be happy to let you have one for the cost of shipping.
- Michael

Broady

by Broady

ms6073 wrote:
llhh wrote:By the way, if someone wants to get rid of their old V1, I would be happy to buy one :)

PM me. Enve replaced all 3 of our V1 mounts and I would be happy to let you have one for the cost of shipping.

If that offer still stands I'd be happy to do the same... albeit UK shipping. I only use a Garmin 200 so was looking for a smaller one anyway.

ms6073

by ms6073

Broady wrote:If that offer still stands I'd be happy to do the same... albeit UK shipping. I only use a Garmin 200 so was looking for a smaller one anyway.

PM me. I can mail the Enve V1 mount via USPS Global Priority Mail which would take 7-11 days.
- Michael

rolfo

by rolfo

Does anyone know where to find the V1 version? I have a V2 version but would like the smaller one for my Edge 820.

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

willmac

by willmac

Rolfo, I have a V1 I'd be happy to swap you. I'm in Denmark so shipping wouldn't be much. Let me know.