Caad12 vs Supersix Evo Hi Mod for crits

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dvdslw

by dvdslw

Did you purchase your crashed Caad10 new? If so, why not contact Cannondale about a crash replacement frame? You can get another Caad10 frame for around $800us and transfer all of your parts from the old bike. If that option is not available to you then I'd go with whichever bike you desire more between the Caad12 and Evo. You only live once so get what you really want because there's nothing worse than second guessing yourself out on the road after a purchase.

That being said I just wanted to add that the thought of a carbon frame being "far superior" to an aluminum frame is ridiculous. Show me the proof! The only thing superior about a carbon frame is its price. I ride a Caad10 so maybe I'm a bit biased but trust me, I've ridden every carbon bike available for me to test ride from Giant, Cannondale, Scott, Specialized, Trek, Felt, etc... but as soon as I started out on the Caad10 I knew it was the right bike for me. Just because it costs more doesn't mean its better, the Caad10 and Caad12 have almost the exact same geometry as the Evo and are much stiffer where it counts for big powerful riders, I found almost all of the carbon bikes I rode felt like bouncy noodles underneath me in comparison.

a20dth

by a20dth

I have thinking about it and finally, If I don´t sell my Caad10 I will go to race with it.

I can see the new Supersix EVO 2017 (No Hi Mod) with Shimano 105 in black color 1.800€ very very pretty.
Shimano change Ultegra 6870 in 2018 (I belive) is a option buy it with 105 and upgrade it to new ultegra di2 in 2018 and change components (Stem, handlebar, seatpost) before new Ultegra.

But for it I need sell my Caad10..........

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bluecoupe

by Bluecoupe

I have a CAAD10 and Evo Hi Mod both ride the same but I find that the Evo feels more lively both with the same wheel set. Can't go wrong with either but if racing I would take the CAAD10 over the EVO just because the frame would be cheaper to replace vs the evo.