which helmet

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PSM

by PSM

POC

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

racingcondor wrote:I seem to have quite a narrow oval head and Kask just don't work for me. The best fit I had was an S-Works Prevail, the Evade unfortunately doesn't fit because the foam inside touches at the back before it's on properly (and I don't really fancy taking a knife to it). I'm also trying on the Ballista tomorrow.

I tried the Ballista on in a shop the other day. Very nice helmet and fit is for oval head. And they offer more sizes than just two. It drives me crazy that helmet makers offer only "tiny" and "gigantic" when fit is the most important feature. When you offer only 2 sizes, most users compromise fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

The Ballista is on back order here in the U.S. The latest ETA is July 9th. Yikes! I put a deposit down and my local Trek dealer ordered one for me.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

fignonsbarber wrote:
racingcondor wrote:I seem to have quite a narrow oval head and Kask just don't work for me. The best fit I had was an S-Works Prevail, the Evade unfortunately doesn't fit because the foam inside touches at the back before it's on properly (and I don't really fancy taking a knife to it). I'm also trying on the Ballista tomorrow.

I tried the Ballista on in a shop the other day. Very nice helmet and fit is for oval head. And they offer more sizes than just two. It drives me crazy that helmet makers offer only "tiny" and "gigantic" when fit is the most important feature. When you offer only 2 sizes, most users compromise fit.

What's your head circumference and the size of Ballista you tried on? Mine is 57.5cm and I ordered a M.

Dez33

by Dez33

blondie wrote:trying to decide between the bell gage and kask mojito help me out

Get the Kask Protone instead, much better fit on your head because it users the later model cradle. If has to be those two then Mojito.

5DII

by 5DII

if you wear oakleys the arms may touch the kask protone cradles

racingcondor

by racingcondor

pdlpsher1 wrote:What's your head circumference and the size of Ballista you tried on? Mine is 57.5cm and I ordered a M.

Round about a 58 (so on the border between M and L in most helmets). Tried it on and the M was a perfect fit (everything else I've owned has been an L).

It feels surprisingly light, fit is good and the venting really does seem to get good airflow through the helmet so I'm happy so far.