Wanted Litespeed Ghisallo Frameset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Shishykish

by Shishykish

Hello,

I've recently developed ti fever. I would like to attempt a ghisallo build. I'm looking for a ghisallo frame set with a top tube ranging from 56-58cm and in relatively good condition ideally with no dings etc. If you do have a 2006-8 frame for sale, I would be seeking one with a front derailleur mount included.

I am based on the UK so the seller would have to be happy to post. Naturally I will bear this cost on top of the frame. I can pay by PayPal. Please feel free to email me
At bhatt.kish@googlemail.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

addictR1

by addictR1

Shishykish wrote:Hello,

I've recently developed ti fever. I would like to attempt a ghisallo build. I'm looking for a ghisallo frame set with a top tube ranging from 56-58cm and in relatively good condition ideally with no dings etc. If you do have a 2006-8 frame for sale, I would be seeking one with a front derailleur mount included.

I am based on the UK so the seller would have to be happy to post. Naturally I will bear this cost on top of the frame. I can pay by PayPal. Please feel free to email me
At bhatt.kish@googlemail.com

this might be a bit small for you.. but maybe you can make it work.

http://goo.gl/We0xCK

good luck with your build.

Shishykish

by Shishykish

Hello,

Thanks. I've got that saved in my eBay watch list. Definitely considering it! But also have come across merlin extra lights as well....decisions!

addictR1

by addictR1

well.. as i'd always say, "if you got an itch... u gotta scratch it.. and scratch it HARD!"
not the best thing for your wallet.. but u'll be more happier in the end. :)

Shishykish

by Shishykish

Hello Addict R1,

Is that the right price do you think?

addictR1

by addictR1

Shishykish: hard to say.. i too was looking for a Ghisallo before. it's all about supply and demand and seeing that it's rare and if the price is ok for your wallet, then it's a good price. :)

kode54

by kode54

i'm not sure why they are so rare. just a light Ti frame back in the day?

i made mine into a single speed...but only rode it a few times in that form. still have it but its a small or medium. forget which.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

plag

by plag

I remember seeing 2 about a month ago on eBay. One was large I remember watching it, I think it went for like 800$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addictR1

by addictR1

plag: yup i saw that one too. if it was for $800 and in Small, i'd be all over it. :)

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Careful you don't buy this frame http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=137500&start=15 which appearsto be a poorly welded Ghisallo that should have never left the factory.
Last edited by bikerjulio on Tue May 10, 2016 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

jekyll man

by jekyll man

I guess this is 1 way to get around the post count for classifieds...

Just saying like ;)
Official cafe stop tester

Shishykish

by Shishykish

jekyll man wrote:I guess this is 1 way to get around the post count for classifieds...

Just saying like ;)

Sorry Jekyll Man! I wasn't sure where to find the correct forum. Do all the 2006 models have this misaliged rear end issue? Or is this just a bad egg?

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Do all the 2006 models have this misaligned rear end issue? Or is this just a bad egg?

If you take the time to look through the thread I posted, you will see that the original Ghisallos were commonly sold with DuraAce 53/39 cranksets. The OP of the thread had a frame where a 53/39 crank could not be fitted without interference with the chainstay. The photos, especially in comparison with other Ghisallo frame photos appeared to show chainstays incorrectly located on the BB before welding.

So, no, not a common problem. Obviously the frame should take a standard crankset without interference.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

junchen

by junchen

Wow I read thru the link u send..Didn't know the ghisallo has a frame wt of 750g for a ti frame....!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

junchen wrote:Wow I read thru the link u send..Didn't know the ghisallo has a frame wt of 750g for a ti frame....!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Indeed. However the chainstays are so thin that it could not be shaped to provide clearance to accommodate a standard crankset.