Large Bike Recommendations

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JoeFlan

by JoeFlan

Does anyone have a recommendations for a relaxed geometry fit bike for someone who is about 6'5" or 1.95m tall.
They are just getting into cycling and are looking for something not too expensive most likely 105 spec or similar.
Current Steed
Supersix Evo 6.25kg
CAAD10 6.8kg
Giant TCR SLR 6.8kg
Past Lovers
Focus Izalco Pro
Cervelo S1

RussellS

by RussellS

Not really a personal recommendation. But I have ridden with a cyclist who is about 6'10" or so. He had a custom Gunnar frame. Its headtube was about as long as a small bike's toptube. It was a custom frame because Gunnar or any frame maker only makes about one of that size bikes a year. Or less. Guy seemed happy with his bike. Gunnar is fairly reasonable for custom frame prices. Not much upcharge. TIG steel.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Specialized Diverve had a massive head tube.
Using Tapatalk

morrisond

by morrisond

I would suggest a 63cm Storck Aernario Comp 105. Tons of Stack and Reach for big guys, and it should have the stiffness as well as Storck does Proportionate Tubing. Quite reasonably priced as well.

http://www.storckworld.com/road-bikes/r ... omp-g1105/

fa63

by fa63

Trek Domane or Emonda with the H2 geometry have pretty generous head tube lengths. A 1.95m riding buddy just bought a 62 cm Emonda and seems to like it very much.

SingingSingleTracker

by SingingSingleTracker

JoeFlan wrote:Does anyone have a recommendations for a relaxed geometry fit bike for someone who is about 6'5" or 1.95m tall.
They are just getting into cycling and are looking for something not too expensive most likely 105 spec or similar.

Head tube lengths on the Specialized Roubaix or Diverge in the size HUGE (I have one of the 64cm Roubaix frames) is nice for a rider that height. I'm 6'4" and love my 64cm Roubaix. The problem is finding one in the size 64cm as they don't make that many per year. The Diverge lists more models available in 64cm and some years the Roubaix is only available in the 64cm in certain countries.

The lower end Diverge (such as the Diverge Sport A1) lists for $1150, comes in size HUGE, and would meet your friend's needs. The two models that are less in cost don't come in 64cm, so the Sport A1 is the first one that days in the line up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Treelegs

by Treelegs

Once you hit 6'5" crowd, while starting with stack/reach, then determine exact measurements. Leg length varies quite a bit in tall folk, as well as torso length. For example, I need 87cm bb-saddle rails, but only 60cm nose to stem. (Seat to bar drop varies with flexibility and gut size.)

I once bought a 62cm Focus, but it ended up having far too much reach for me.