Wilier Triestina Blade frameset weight anyone?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

hi, just a quick question - has anyone weighted Triestina Blade (not Twin Blade) frameset?

this one:

I can get a sweet deal on a full bike and was wondering whether I can convert it to a 'normal' road bike (always wanted a cool deep aero frameset like that) that could be a bit more radical than Aeroad but not a complete heavy pig like most TT/Tri bikes.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

I haven't weighed it, but if I was looking for a light aero frame then Wilier would be way off the list. The Cento Air weighs nearly 2kg for frame and fork already, so you'll be adding more on top with the Blade.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

doesn't have to be that light, AFAIK anything south of 2kg I can live with

the idea is to build a fast bike for flat roads and maybe scaring pinalawyers off at group rides - I'm going with a 55-42 cranks and already have this sweet piece of a chainring ordered from ebay

kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

kingfishr

by kingfishr

tymon_tm wrote:hi, just a quick question - has anyone weighted Triestina Blade (not Twin Blade) frameset?

I have the blade and race ready it weighs 9.5 kg, with an 808 back wheel instead it drops to 8.4kg, with a lighter saddle and wheels you could easily save another 500g, unfortunately I did not weigh the frameset separately, but it is reported to be 1320 grams, although that must be without the fork...