Any info on Storck 2017?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morrisond

by morrisond

On their Facebook page they show Markus presenting the 2017 Line on May 3.

Anybody have any news?

The Aernario seems to be pretty long in tooth.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

corky

by corky

Hmm but spec and looks wise, still seems relevant to me......

da123

by da123

Markus Storck visited my LBS a few weeks ago for a demo day.

There will be a new model, the F.03. He had the concept bike in the shop. It is similar in concept to the new Canyon SLX / Cervelo R5, i.e. stiff, light and comfortable but with aero tube shaping. Sub 800g frame. The fork is a Storck model rather than a re-branded THM. Bars are also a new Storck design. Unlike (IMO) the Aerfast, it is a lovely looking bike. Hopefully it is also actually a bit aero unlike the mis-named Aernario. I'm not sure if it will replace the Aernario, but they would seem to occupy the same space.

He did an interesting comparison with a Trek Madone that the shop also sells to demonstrate how they've designed the carbon layup in the seattube to provide the flex. The Storck clearly flexed more than the Madone with its decoupler design.

He also demonstrated how they've engineered the flex into the bars so that they provide the necessary give to soak up road vibration, but are much more unyielding when applying force in the direction you would do if sprinting.

I've been pretty uninspired by Storck's recent output, but I really liked the look of this bike.