BB86 BB cross brand compability?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

I currently have a SRAM groupset installed on my BMC and I'm in the process of changing to a Shimano 9000 group, the only thing missing is the bottom bracket. Would I be able to use the current Sram GXP BBB86 with the new Dura-Ace 9000 crankset?

addictR1

by addictR1

u were able to use a shimano bb86 with sram GXP? i had a shimano bb86 on my TMR02 which originally had shimano 105 crank, but i wanted to use sram GXP which fits... but was told not to use that as the diameter for the shimano bb86 is the same on drive and non-drive side?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

No. You need a Shimano bottom bracket. The inside diameter of the non-drive side of the Sram bb is 22mm. The Shimano crank is 24mm.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

mariovalentim

by mariovalentim

Thanks guys

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

The Tripeak Twist-fit BB I bought for my Giant TCR works with both Shimano and Sram. It comes with a small sleeve on the non-driveside to reduce the diameter to 22mm and wavy washer for the driveside for use with Sram GXP cranksets.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

And that would be fine as long as that shim doesn't make noise.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com