Pedals that don't squeak

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Vermu

by Vermu

Im having issues with DA pedals. Have to grease the axle every 20h of riding or so. Though I haven't really dwelled into this issues since atm I dont have extra thick grease that keeps dust etc away. Most lubricants seem to suck it from the road surface.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PSM

by PSM

raisinberry777 wrote:Anything Shimano, always dead silent.

+1

sawyer

by sawyer

Keo Blade 2s are famous squeakers

It is the metal plate and in part (due to expansion) dependent on atmospheric conditions and quite hard to eliminate for that reason

OTOH Keo Blade 1s are IME silent

As were the previous Keo Tis and Keo HM Tis

Shimano are all silent IME also
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

Oswald

by Oswald

I have been riding Shimano pedals for 15 years. They are silent and extremely durable.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I have Keo Blade 2 Ti on four bikes and all of them are totally silent, but I'm using the dual compound black and white cleats mentioned previously. The 'grip' type cleats do creak a bit IME.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

fabriciom

by fabriciom

I recently had to purchase a new set of pedals because my look classics are just shite and no matter how much grease I use they always end up making noise.
Riding campagnolo chorus I wasn't going to install some shimano pedals. So I bough the Radical Forte Pro Carbon pedals for 50€ (including shipping). The store gives 90 days trial so if the turn out to be crap I will send them back. Other wise I will buy a second pair for another bike.

Reviewed here.
http://road.cc/content/review/187487-ra ... ess-pedals

wobbly

by wobbly

fabriciom wrote:I recently had to purchase a new set of pedals because my look classics are just shite and no matter how much grease I use they always end up making noise.
Riding campagnolo chorus I wasn't going to install some shimano pedals. So I bough the Radical Forte Pro Carbon pedals for 50€ (including shipping). The store gives 90 days trial so if the turn out to be crap I will send them back. Other wise I will buy a second pair for another bike.

Reviewed here.

NO, this specific mix is allowed by the fashion/style police :smartass:
And the shimano logo is discrete and only visible at the café stop.
And DA pedals just work right with good click in and look good too. :thumbup:
I have Campag and Shimano 8) 8)

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

I shifted to Keywin and silence was a prime factor. They are also light, rebuildable (without hassle unlike (cough) Speedplay) easiest pedal to service at home and affordable. No noise, ever.

AJS914

by AJS914

I've never had noise issues with Time pedals (3 sets of xpressos so far).

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Been using Shimano pedals (Ultegra and DA9000) for the last 2.5 years with almost 15,000 miles on them.. never had a squeak and I've never had to lube them or do maintanence.

mimason

by mimason

Stolichnaya wrote:I shifted to Keywin and silence was a prime factor. They are also light, rebuildable (without hassle unlike (cough) Speedplay) easiest pedal to service at home and affordable. No noise, ever.

How long are you using these? They sure ain't pretty but if they are good then very viable option.

Johnnysmooth

by Johnnysmooth

Never had squeak issues with Speedplay.
Now using Time xpressos and do have one pedal/cleat interface that speaks on occasion - easily solved by rubbing a little candle wax on pedal plate the cleat rests on - usually good for about a week of riding (250-350km)
It only hurts if you think.

fabriciom

by fabriciom

wobbly wrote:
fabriciom wrote:I recently had to purchase a new set of pedals because my look classics are just shite and no matter how much grease I use they always end up making noise.

Reviewed here.

NO, this specific mix is allowed by the fashion/style police :smartass:
And the shimano logo is discrete and only visible at the café stop.
And DA pedals just work right with good click in and look good too. :thumbup:
I have Campag and Shimano 8) 8)

LOL.

I'll like to see you ride with those DuraAce pedals in a campagnolo group. You would not hear the end of it.
Yes, the shimano logo is not visible but you can't clearly read duraace on the side of the pedals.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

And anyone that cares enough to criticize clearly values form over finction. Less time wanking over "The rules" more time enjoying the road....

Oh and..
https://youtu.be/VDklQh0QEGc
Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

DuncanS wrote:My Shimano DA9000's squeak. Have to keep pedals and cleats perfectly clean, or grease the contact points. I've been told that candle wax works wonders, so I'm going to try that instead of grease.

I use Finish Line Dry Lube on mine. Not because of any noise, but just to give a nice smooth float action.

I'd imagine that grease would just attract little particles of dirt and gunk everything up.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC