Pedals that don't squeak

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

speedplay x series never squeaks for me

dmp

by dmp

I have the original Keo Blades (Ti axle), and have never had any squeaking. I use the bi-material red cleats, not the grip ones. They are still often available on eBay- and at bargain prices. I just bought a very lightly used pair of 12nM ones with CroMo axles to put on my steel bike. Paid only $51!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spookyload

by spookyload

While silencing the creak for a bit, the lube you are spraying on things is a great source to introduce dirt that sticks to places it normally wouldn't.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

fabriciom wrote:
LOL.

I'll like to see you ride with those DuraAce pedals in a campagnolo group. You would not hear the end of it.
Yes, the shimano logo is not visible but you can't clearly read duraace on the side of the pedals.

You guys should go talk with this guy instead ....

gmakris

by gmakris

Using Garmin Vector pedals I noticed the use exustar PR3 - Compared with Look & Shimano I used in the past my rate is :

1. Exustar PR3 series
2. Shimano Ultegra Carbon
3. Look Keo carbon

Exustar engages easier compared to Look and is quite light and the price is very competitive

sawyer

by sawyer

Nefarious86 wrote:And anyone that cares enough to criticize clearly values form over finction. Less time wanking over "The rules" more time enjoying the road....

Oh and..
https://youtu.be/VDklQh0QEGc

LOL - have you seen the other few thousand pages on this forum with tens of thousands of posts mostly concerned with aesthetics?
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

mimason, I switched over about 5 years ago from Speedplay (Zero Track). Prior to Speedplay I was on Look. Just got tired of Look's problems.
I now have 5 sets of Keywin (CRM's). The original pair are still rock solid including the original bearings. I strip down and clean the pedals once a year.
There is a thread about these pedals with more opinions and thoughts that might be worth reading if you are interested in these pedals.

DrJeffers

by DrJeffers

For those beset by creaking Blade 2s (which I've been having more issues with on a new pair of shoes) I can thoroughly recommend Exustar cleats. Finally tried these and just done a century with them and not a whisper of noise from them, without any of the pedal platform oiling I normally do with Look cleats. They lack the grip surface so use covers (the Look ones work too). Also the bolts they come with are quite long. I was concerned due to the thin sole of my new Bont Vaypors (awesome shoes - the arch support has totally corrected some pain caused by knee rotation when tired) so I just recycled some Look ones.

SuperflyRick

by SuperflyRick

Speedplay Light action, no problems

MikeDee

by MikeDee

verbs4us wrote:Loved Looks for a long time and the squeaking drove me nuts, and I got Triflow all over everything, trying to keep them quiet and then Phil grease and 4 or five other compounds, including chain wax. Made the jump to Speedplay and four years in without a peep. Not as easy in as Look, but easy enough to learn the required ankle twist. Caveats: always use cleat covers when not in the pedals, and use a light lube sparingly

Look squeaks can be caused by creaking between the cleat and the sole. Spraying lube all over may not get to this interface.