EPS V3 -- Bottle Cage Mount Instructions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

Received my V3 kit today. I got both the bottle cage and 27mm seatpost mounts as I wasn't sure which one I'd use (bottle cage mount appears to be more secure but the seatpost mount is lighter).

I inspected the bottle cage mount, which contains one long and 2 small oval shaped foam pads, grommets and a few other odd looking parts (in addition to the long and short mounting bolts, nuts and washers w/c are straightforward). Sadly, there were no instructions included in the box, nor on the Campy website.

Can someone who has successfully installed this post a photo of the V3 power pack with the bottle cage adaptor in place? Thanks in advance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cl9k24la

by cl9k24la

I remember Glory cycles posting a blog about it on their website.

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

cl9k24la wrote:I remember Glory cycles posting a blog about it on their website.

just checked -- only thing i saw was about the new EPS app. thanks though

liam7020

by liam7020

Thinking about EPS V3 for a new build. I already have V2 on my race bike and it was fairly straightforward to install internally via the bottle cage bosses but the mount for that installation was an integral part of the V2 battery. If I’m reading your posts correctly it appears that V3 is not configured in the same manner but rather the choice of mount, either seatpost or bottle bosses, comes as an accessory that has to be fixed to the battery prior to installation. Is my assumption correct?
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

audiophilitis

by audiophilitis

liam7020 wrote:Thinking about EPS V3 for a new build. I already have V2 on my race bike and it was fairly straightforward to install internally via the bottle cage bosses but the mount for that installation was an integral part of the V2 battery. If I’m reading your posts correctly it appears that V3 is not configured in the same manner but rather the choice of mount, either seatpost or bottle bosses, comes as an accessory that has to be fixed to the battery prior to installation. Is my assumption correct?

Correct -- the v3 power pack is just at cylindrical tube with 3 wires on one end, and a threaded cavity for an installation rod on the other. There is no mounting hardware integral to the unit.