2015 FD front campagnolo spring or cage snap break

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mr_tim

by mr_tim

Has anyone had the spring on the 2015 FD snap?

I did a down shift recently & didn't get a clear chain movement - had to back pedal to clear what felt like a jam & then the FD cleared itself.

On inspection later it looks to me as though either I've lost part of the inner plate which retains the spring behind the inner side shift plate, or the spring itself has lost some length..

As it stands now I can see part of the spring actually within the cage zone where the chain runs. So I suspect the spring has either snapped in some way or the part of the cage that used to retain the spring in position (so it has force to move the cage down & firmly back into resting bottom position) has snapped off.

Posting as interested to see if anyone has had this problem as well.

Its Chorus 2015 with the S2 frame support bolt. Has been running fine for about 7k kms (6 months?) .. all fine and good up until now.

thanks.

mr_tim

by mr_tim

Having taken delivery of new Chorus FD - the bit that snapped was the spring.

There is a long section than runs down from the spiral off the inner pivot and sits behind the inner face of the inside plate of the cage.

On the new FD the arm of the spring is much longer & runs all the way down past the window on the cage by about 5mm. On the snapped one its broken off and is short of running past the window by about 3mm - so it cannot hold tension against the inside face of the cage anymore.

Hope this helps anyone else that has similar problem in the future.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Attermann

by Attermann

Can you take a picture?

mr_tim

by mr_tim

with spring snapped

with new FD with the spring where it should be