Powertap C1 and Campagnolo 10 speed drivetrain

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ChristianB

by ChristianB

Hi Weenies,

Anybody tried the Powertap C1 chainrings with a Campagnolo 10 speed drivetrain? I realize the C1's wont fit on Campagnolo crankset, but anybody have experience with the chain rings and Campagnolo derailleurs and chain?

Also much appreciated are general experience with the C1.

Thanks in advance

Christian

stormur

by stormur

For the same money you can have or Rotor crank with Rotor powermeter or power2Max Rotor crank ... Where's the point of PowerTap ?

I used Rotor on 10 and 11 spd Campa. Worked perfectly. If you want stunning shifting just buy Miche Super 11 chainrings ( fit to Rotor crank flawlessly, even if Miche says it's not ;) ) cheap, light and shifting like a dream.

Woth Powertap you need to buy chainrings with pm AND crank... can't see sense in it.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ChristianB

by ChristianB

Shortly said, Bluetooth. Power2max don't have that. Besides a power2max crank starts at 690 eur, chainrings and special tool excluded. The C1 can found for 600 eur, chainrings included. Rotor inpower is single-sided.

stormur

by stormur

600 plus new crank, 230 min ( Rotor .. again ;) ) = 830.

Why you need bluetooth ???
Mark Twain

ChristianB

by ChristianB

Bluetooth, because I already have a Polar computer, so ant+ capable computer on top is min. 100 eur.

Ps 600 is for rotor powermeter?

stormur

by stormur

around 800 : crank with powermeter . As Campy user I plan PM next year and it will be or Power2max on Rotor crank or Rotor InPower.

it's MHO, but I wouldn't adjust power meter to computer, rather opposite... . ANT+ is a "standard" so... .
Mark Twain

ChristianB

by ChristianB

I already own a bluetooth compatible power meter (look/polar), which is not ant+ compatible. Perfetctly happy with it, but would like to try something new for TT-bike, so C1 seems like a good option. Really low cost for dual sided measurement and obvisiously no need for new computer. And with 600 for C1, still plenty of room for a nice crankset.

stormur

by stormur

under condition that crankset will fit power-chainrings ;) basically P-tap chainrings fit only "shimano-ish" cranks. Plus you have to consider frame compatibility ( clearance ) - not so obvious thing either.
Mark Twain

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ChristianB

by ChristianB

Sure thing with the crankset. Unfortunately campagnolo cranksets are not compatible, due to Campagnolo living in their own parallel world :) Great groupsets though, prefer the feel to shimano. TT-bike has shimano setup already, just want to change drivetrain (except crankset obviously) to Campagnolo. So frame already fits shimano crank. Annoying thing is that C1 only fits 110 bcd. Anyhow, anybody actually tried to use C1's with a Campagnolo drivetrain ? :)