Service Intervals for Campy group sets

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

seanblurr

by seanblurr

Not too much information in regards to service and rebuild Campy stuff from what I found. My campy has always been a little finicky, when it works it works beautifully, but when it doesn't... Anyhow, I've started to notice it has gotten a lot worse. I will have to tune it once every few weeks before it comes out of tune and needs adjustments again. It's about at the point where I need to do it every few rides.

Cables, housing, chains regularly replaced and I tune it myself. I could be a terrible bike mechanic, though I knew what I was doing a year ago when it was working fine. Hence I'm starting to thinking there is another issue.

When I thought about it, I realized that my SR11 group set is from 2011-12 and has about 30k miles on it. Has anyone else gotten a milage count on Chorus/R/SR Campy stuff? Perhaps it is just time for a rebuild or replace.
Instagram @seanblurr

AJS914

by AJS914

I think these finicky issues with 11 speed come down to drag in the derailleur cable. I installed 11 speed Chorus on my Time and it was perfect, zero problems. I moved the same parts over to a Parlee and was constantly fiddling with my rear derailleur. I then moved those parts over to my Colnago and was fiddling. I was installing new bars on the Colnago and decided that I would do a new cable set. I was super careful that the bends were perfect and everything was smooth and I haven't had any problems since.

Actually, I just changed from a KNC chain to a Campy chain and the whole drive train got a bit quieter and smoother.

I had been used to 10 speed where my experience had been set it once and forget it. It seems that with compact bars and internal routing you need to take extra care to make sure there is no drag on the derailleur cable. I've always used the bottom bracket guide that came with my frame set since it is a perfect fit but I was even thinking that maybe I should use the Campy one that comes with the cable set.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com