Bars for Campy 11 levers

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

russianbear

by russianbear

I can see why FWB decided to use that method, it equalizes the measurement in the "lab" setting and is only really meant to be used as a comparison within the context of the bars on their review. Considering everyone sets up their bars and lever at an infinite amount of tilts and bends, that was the way to go.

I'm using Campy levers on Fizik R3 bars and find them quite comfy. I had them set up kind of high, but since moved them down so the lever blades are level with the drops.

My favorite bars of all time are still Zipp SLC traditional bend, which is what I have on my main bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fabriciom

by fabriciom

I ride them even higher.

seanblurr

by seanblurr

stormur wrote:http://blog.fairwheelbikes.com/reviews-and-testing/road-handlebar-review/

They MEASURED reach ; 90mm.

In the end it really doesn't matter, but I would throw an argument out there that they only got 90mm based off the way they measured them, but if measured closer to how they are used they would be nearer to 77 as advertised. As further proof, my reach is identical swapping between Cannondale bars with 77mm reach, and Ergonova's.
Instagram @seanblurr

stormur

by stormur

my Ergonova has bigger reach than 3mm "longer" Easton. Measured. Fit to FWB measurement. Endless...
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

ethnik

by ethnik

I'm using Ritchey WCS Streem II bars in a 40cm. 72mm reach, 125 drop. They are bloody brilliant with my 11 shifters. I'll post a pic when I get back home.

Miller

by Miller

Here's another pic of Ergos on Ergonovas. I found the Ergonova bar has a tight bend where the Ergo sits and small amounts of movement of the Ergo along the bar have a significant effect on the angle it sits at. I tried to balance it being both comfortable on the tops with the levers still reachable from the drops.

dmp

by dmp

I agree with the Easton SLX3 suggestion- that's what I have on my bike with Campy and its perfect.

dmp

by dmp

Here's a pictureImage

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

Ritchey WCS Curve bars work well with the campag levers.

fogman

by fogman

Here are my deer antlers on my 3T Ergonova bars. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.