C60 Color

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

What does custom cost?
I would look at British racing green, accents in dark red and matching white stripes along the dark red accents.
It's still flirting with the Italian (green, red, white) but with a twist of old school racing colors.
I believe it's a timeless flare over it!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

michel2

by michel2

are the new gaz prom colours going to be availible ?i do like the blue fork lug and then same colour seatlug/ seatpost.
my personal choice would be ad10 but thats a no can do

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micro553

by micro553

Racing green with white details would be nice.

Asfar as i know there are no way to get custom paint from Colnago. The option would be to buy a frame and strip it down and repaint it. But that seem costly and time consuming,

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

micro553 wrote:
CanadianBiker wrote:I'm in the same boat, I am really not a fan of this years colours, I am considering to buy the MHRD but not sold on the colour. Not a single dealer in Canada has had the MHRD in person for me to see it... My purchase is on hold until the new colours leak online which I hope will be in mid May like last year. I am really hoping for something spectacular this year. I'm also of the idea if you are going to buy a C60, you better buy one you are absolutely in love with!

I did see the RSCG in person but even with Bora wheels it didn't make we go wow...

So what did´t u like about RSCG? To plastic look?

Yes I agree - spending this kind of money then everything shall feel right. And right now all 3 of my favourite colors are not 100%

Thanks all for input

Yes I don't know why but it looked very plastic, Colnago aren't your typical weightweenie bike so I want something that is gorgeous to look at from every angle.

AJS914

by AJS914

My a nice used frame for half price (or less) and then put a nice paint job on it. That is my plan for my C59. I'm enjoying it now as is, but some day I'm going to do it up nice. I love the Zabel EPS blue. I also like the more traditional white paneled logos.

mapeiboy1

by mapeiboy1

You guys might want to give Mike from Maestro.co.uk a shout . I believe he can get you any color you want as long as you provide him with a photo so he can sent it to the painter at no extra cost to the price of the frame .

mapeiboy1

by mapeiboy1

You guys might want to give Mike from Maestro.co.uk a shout . I believe he can get you any color you want as long as you provide him with a photo so he can sent it to the painter at no extra cost to the price of the frame .

russianbear

by russianbear

Giro pink is my favorite color scheme.

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

I got my C60 from Maestro, but the custom colors are no longer available.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I'm curious... doesn't, or didn't Maestro use to get a lot of just blank (unpainted) frames then send them out to get painted in the scheme you wanted? I was always curious as to the quality of those paint jobs, and whether they're authentic and approved by Colnago, etc. I would hope so, otherwise they wouldn't sell him the raw unpainted frames I would presume. Or it may be a Belgium distributor that I'm thinking of as well. Perhaps someone knows definitively? It's something I've always wondered about as I have never gotten any other than the ones painted at Colnago's painting facility (that shack in the back :wink: ).
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mapeiboy1

by mapeiboy1

It looks like you can still get the Mapei color from Colnago .http://forums.roadbikereview.com/colnag ... 53820.html

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@mapeiboy1: Thanks for the link... basically answers and/or confirms most of the things I've thought or heard about over the years, but the thread, with the exception of a few posts at the end is about 10 years old. Sounds like he gets his supply from the Benelux distributor, and frames may or may not have been painted at the Colnago factory, as the blank unpainted frames are then painted or subcontracted to be painted by the Benelux distributor. And at least from what I've read, they are authorized by Colnago to do this.

What I just wrote is not to be taken as fact, just a synopsis of what I gleaned from reading that thread linked in the post a couple above this one. Either way, all the frames I've personally dealt with have been sourced directly from Colnago and gone through the US distributor, which is now Colnago America. They have all had fantastic paint jobs, but do vary slightly from frame to frame in the same color simply because they are airbrushed by hand. I have no experience with frames that the Benelux distributor subcontracts out to paint. I think it's pretty hard these days to get them to do a color scheme of your choice that isn't currently being offered.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

mapeiboy1

by mapeiboy1

@ calnago . I bought my Colnago EP with AD10 from Mike years back when he still offered color of your choice . He told me the bare farme came from Colnago and then send to Benelux for custom paint . My only regret is I did not get another frame and painted in Mapei world champ color .

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, years ago I know he would basically paint any of the schemes you wanted, I guess through Benelux as you say. Don't know if that practice is still going on. Was just curious how the two paint jobs (Italy vs Benelux) compare in quality.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com