C60 Color

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

micro553

by micro553

Hi

I´m in the market for a C60 and the color choice is hard. I can not see all colours IRL so I would need som advice for people who seen them.

RSWH - White
Classic and nice but I don´t really like the red color on the inside fork and chainstays. And maybe hard to keep clean?! I have seen the nice build with black seat post and steam and bar. Same as I would like to do.

PBLK - really like the gloss lugs and it gives some nice effect. But I think that it maybe get too black. But still really nice with the raw carbon and shiny lugs. Would be great with Enve cockpit.

RSCG - Classy and nice. At first I didn´t like that it was gloss but it has been growing on me. Saw one with Enve kit and it seem to match pretty well with gloss frame and semigloss seatpost.

I like a mix of classic and modern. I don´t like the Classic colors - just to much going on. Less is more kind of.

I have a black/raw isch bike today with vittoria crorsa G+ tires and it looks nice so if I will keep it then maybe go white for the C60.

I think my problem is that all is nice in different ways - thats why it´s so hard.

The rest will be
Chorus EPS
Enve cockpit
SES 3.4
Vittoria Corsa G+ or Veloflex Master or Specialized Turbo Cotton.
Romin Pro saddle
Black bar tape

corky

by corky

MHCF

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

phallenthoul
in the industry

by phallenthoul

RSRO

cdtf

by cdtf

Colnago frames look awful with Enve wheeels and components.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Not to inflame the discussion, but i don't get the classic colours. I think they look hideous.
The black with glossy lugs, the lugs risk to look made of plastic!
Otherwise the nicest ;-)

But the all matte black is perhaps a bit dull?
But on the other hand it is the most harmonic of the options.
I feel there is still options missing here, sadly (sorry)!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

I'm not a fan of the painting schemes of the current iteration of the C60 Italia.
Of those, I'd only consider PLWH or PLBK.
But if I could chose I'd certainly pick a C60 Art Decor, probably MHWH (second place tie between MHCF and MHBL). To me, the art decor paint is what Colnago is all about.

CanadianBiker

by CanadianBiker

I'm in the same boat, I am really not a fan of this years colours, I am considering to buy the MHRD but not sold on the colour. Not a single dealer in Canada has had the MHRD in person for me to see it... My purchase is on hold until the new colours leak online which I hope will be in mid May like last year. I am really hoping for something spectacular this year. I'm also of the idea if you are going to buy a C60, you better buy one you are absolutely in love with!

I did see the RSCG in person but even with Bora wheels it didn't make we go wow...

tabmaster

by tabmaster

Petition Ernesto to reintroduce proper Art Decor schemes like AD10!
If the grand tours are like classical music, kermesse racing is punkrock, Belgian style.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

PSM

by PSM

How many threads can you start about this matter?! And on how many forums?! :lol:

CEVelo

by CEVelo

I am in the same camp, would love to build a C60 yet there is no color choice yet I can commit to.
The C60 is the kind of bike I plan to keep for life, and it will need be a timeless design that I really like.
From the current set, the Art Decor White or Black, followed by the Black Italia wins out, yet neither is the kind of perfect I would buy: Don't like the gold streaks on the current Art decor paints, and the matt black Italia is too generic. I am hoping that the 2017 colors (due sometimes this fall?) will be the ticket.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Colnago can paint whatever scheme you want. I would go for the old geo scheme if I bought the c60

morrisond

by morrisond

Could they do a TSMR C60?

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Same boat here. I have choosen to wait till the fall, and get a 2017 color. Don't wan't to spend that kind of money on a frame i'm not 100% on. Should have bought the gold/carbon last year.. damn!

chazmtb

by chazmtb

RSWH is hard to keep clean. Every smudge is noticeable. But it's very classic white. My choice if I had a choice (cuz I got my RSWH second hand) would be either OFWH, MHWH or PLWH.

micro553

by micro553

CanadianBiker wrote:I'm in the same boat, I am really not a fan of this years colours, I am considering to buy the MHRD but not sold on the colour. Not a single dealer in Canada has had the MHRD in person for me to see it... My purchase is on hold until the new colours leak online which I hope will be in mid May like last year. I am really hoping for something spectacular this year. I'm also of the idea if you are going to buy a C60, you better buy one you are absolutely in love with!

I did see the RSCG in person but even with Bora wheels it didn't make we go wow...

So what did´t u like about RSCG? To plastic look?

Yes I agree - spending this kind of money then everything shall feel right. And right now all 3 of my favourite colors are not 100%

Thanks all for input

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com