Fastest 650c tires currently produced?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eyedrop

by eyedrop

Ive noticed many manufacturers are not making 650c tires anymore. My favorite was the Vittoria Open Corsa CX - 650c, which has been discontinued. It also appears that Michelin has discontinued their Pro 4 series tires in 650c. You can still buy these tires (for now), but they are no longer being manufactured and stock is limited... Its a shame because these two tires were considered the fastest. Now I am left with little choice for a pure performance tire.

So the question is, what is the fastest 650c tire currently in production?

edit: It looks like the Pro4 Service Course is still in production...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nlouthan

by nlouthan

You might have more luck with your query at slowtwitch.com. Not much discussion of 650b tires here.

FreaK

by FreaK

He was asking about 650c not 650b.
There is, as it happens, some discussion about 650b in the Cyclocross/Touring board

I'm not sure what the official word is, but if i'm not mistaken Schwalbe still does a few of their better models in 650c
it's actually possible to come to the conclusion even before realising it makes no sense at all
-
tymon_tm

Grinley

by Grinley

The Vittoria Rubino Pro is still being produced in 650c. It's probably not quite as fast as the old Corsa but it should be close. I think I read somewhere that they are planning on producing a 650c Corsa at some point. I could be wrong about that though.