cipollini BOND SRM fitment

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jobispot

by jobispot

Hi-- Yesterday I went to pick up my new bike-- The chipo Bond; I brought in my SRM 9000 crank and when they went to install-- It doesn't clear the frame on the drive side.... Anyone else had this problem and come up with a fix? (Shimming more moves the spindle to the right too much) We called SRM but they didn't have much to say or any solution offers.... I have years of data using SRM so moving to another PM is really not what I want to do. And the prospect of having to sell off the BOND is not appealing either. So I would really love to figure out how to make this combo work!

DartanianX

by DartanianX

The only SRM that will fit is the FSA BB386, as this has enough clearance for the BB Shell.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jobispot

by jobispot

Thanks! I was able to get one from SRM -- and yes it fits; the unfortunate part now is that the FSA is 130-- so you can't run the 50/34 set-up... Maybe some day soon something else will pop up.

ms6073

by ms6073

Interesting to note that SRM appears to have dropped the FSA powermeters as they are no longer listed among the current product lineup for road and triathlon.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

jobispot

by jobispot

Yes, this is true. I learned that SRM did not renew the contract with FSA. Also, the cranks used by FSA are special configurations -- so, you can't buy one and send it to SRM... I was fortunate in that SRM just happened to have one in my size hanging around.

AZK

by AZK

jobispot wrote:Thanks! I was able to get one from SRM -- and yes it fits; the unfortunate part now is that the FSA is 130-- so you can't run the 50/34 set-up... Maybe some day soon something else will pop up.

http://roadbikeaction.com/home-page/hom ... ower-crank

http://shop.srm.de/complete-bundles/roa ... undle.html

or

SRAM SRM has 110bcd spider and the PF30 version has quite a long axle. Not to sure about spacers needed to get it to fit BB386.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Sram PF30/BB30 will fit BB386.

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV using Tapatalk