DT Swiss 350 hubs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Hi all
I'm starting to look into new wheels for my Supersix and am leaning towards going down the hand built route. I've come across a good deal on a pair of DT Swiss 350 straight pull hubs and was wondering what people's opinions/experience is with these hubs. Is straight pull a good idea etc. I was going to save for the 240s but these seem to be good hubs for the price so I'm wondering if it's worth the saving over the 240s and spend that money on some nicer rims.
A pair of 240s claim to be 314g and the 350s is 374g so not a great deal of a saving with the more expensive 240s.
Any insight welcome
Thanks a lot
James

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stormur

by stormur

My scale says it's 52g difference between 240 j-bend and 350 straight pull...

For me it works flawlessly. But you need to know limitations : front radial only ( not an issue ) , rear 3 cross only , 24F 28R only.
Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
Mark Twain

I can be wrong, and have plenty of examples for that ;)

petepeterson

by petepeterson

I have owned both 240 and 350 hubs on both mtb and road. They are very similar and the only real difference is the spoke count and configurations (jbend vs straight pull) offered. Unfortunately 28H is the lowest spoke count offered on the jbend flange 350 hubs. Don`t know why you would buy the 240 hubs other than for building a 20 24 hole set of race wheels.

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

So I've had the hubs now for a week or so (not been built up yet) I've been reading up on the ratchet 'upgrades' the 36t and 54t versions. Anyone got any experience of this modification? Seems good in principle and looks incredibly easy to do.