Tarmac & Venge Owners

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

otoman

by otoman

I have a first year Venge (that replaced an S-Works SL3) and a 2016 Tarmac. All 58cm. I love the new Tarmac. Handling is fantastic - quick, responsive, confident. Markedly better than the Venge. I definitely have to push the Venge around a bit more and it doesn't just stay put as well mid carve/corner. The Tarmac, much like my 2008 Cervelo R3, just is telepathic and goes where I look. Both are a big improvement over my SL3 Tarmac in all regards. I wish the new Tarmac was lighter but oh well. I may not be the best person to ask about comfort because I don't have any problem in any of them for 5 hours. But I also keep my tires at a decent pressure, not overinflated.
My choice would be the Tarmac with some sweet aero wheels
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mvcap

by mvcap

Thanks for the input and suggestions, I took the advice to go RIDE all the bikes I was considering and the Tarmac won out. Venge felt fast, ultimately just didn't seem as comfortable to me and the front end felt twitchy compared to the Tarmac.

So, today was new bike day and I upgraded from this...

To this:

First carbon bike, couldn't believe how much more it absorbs the road vs aluminum, and 2001 105 is night and day different from modern Ultegra. Wow, really a completely different ride all around.