Di2 ST6870 not working

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jpoon1118

by jpoon1118

Hi, I am building a new S-works road bike transferring some old parts from my existing TT bike.

Old parts from TT bikes: RD6870, FD6970, JC41, Internal Battery, charger, EW90B, BCR2

New part ordered from CRC: ST6870 & cables

After the installing everything, the ST6870 simply dont work. I have never connected to the etube software before so I downloaded the software from the etube website and tried to connect to see if it is a firmware update problem. However, i was stuck at a page saying that "The connected unit is not supported by the current bicycle type. Remove units other than the following, and redo connection check." and the unit name listed does not contain any 6870 parts!

Can anyone advise what I need to do?

Many Thanks

breezerboy
Shop Owner

by breezerboy

Disconnect everything from the loom except 1x component, e.g. Junction A, then update/troubleshoot. If this passes, add 1x component at a time and redo. That way, you should find which is faulty/has a compatibility mismatch. Updating everything separately before re-connecting can also work.

1st step is maybe connect just the shifters (minus loom) to the SM-PCE1 as these are the new bits to see if you've received a faulty set.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

You meant fd6870?
Are you sure you were shipped st6870 and not 6770?

you did select road as bike type at the first page of the etube?

If all the above are correct, then one component at a time and see what happens. Often the non op problem like this is the battery and other new parts have incompatible software versions, but as you said you need to get to that screen.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

glepore

by glepore

Did the op ever get to the bottom of this?
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

ms6073

by ms6073

Not sure. Assuming all of the OP's components are/were 6870, I have read on other forums that the error message can occur when using an older versions of the E-Tube software, and can be corrected by installing the latest version.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"