broken pulsion

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

If Stronglight will not warranty them, can you buy a left crank arm? Or at least a crash discount?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

durarace

by durarace

I had my insert come out too while removing cranks with self extracting cranks bolts that were included with cranks. Pulsion gave me a new left crank arm. I had to turn my bike upside down and cut the Ti BB spindle to get the cranks off. I can't imagine the ISIS BB spindle flexing at all. That thing was thick. I live in California and sent them directly to Pulsion Stronglight in France. It took about 25 days go get them back. I was hoping for a new set, not just a new broken one.

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

Are you running compacts or standards Tom?
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

2002SaecoReplica wrote:Are you running compacts or standards Tom?

Hey M, standard with the Pulsions but if I have to buy some new cranks I'll probably get compacts.

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

wow...these cranks are JUNK!!! My buddy just broke his last week...............I am glad I passed on these cranks. I am still waiting for the ZERO GRAVITY cranks a year later.

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

cyclemanpat wrote:wow...these cranks are JUNK!!! My buddy just broke his last week...............I am glad I passed on these cranks. I am still waiting for the ZERO GRAVITY cranks a year later.

Their weakness does seem to be the epoxy that holds the bb inserts and the pedal inserts. Sounds similar to the Cervelo BB problem. I am really hoping to have mine fixed or replaced because I like them. Light, stiff and already paid for. :D

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

Jsut spoke to WiseCycleBuys where I purchased mine from, they said "send them in and we'll get you a new set warrantied as soon as possible". Now that's awesome service, just what I wanted to hear.

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

CaptainWilier wrote:Jsut spoke to WiseCycleBuys where I purchased mine from, they said "send them in and we'll get you a new set warrantied as soon as possible". Now that's awesome service, just what I wanted to hear.

Yeah Jeff is certainly the man. :D
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

climbingcue

by climbingcue

Hope I don't have any problems with my cranks...

col hicks

by col hicks

i have been displeased with my cranks, first the epoxy coming away from the bb insert and now the finish is all chipping has any one had this problem , i have fine sanded it and polished it to make it look better

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

col hicks wrote:i have been displeased with my cranks, first the epoxy coming away from the bb insert and now the finish is all chipping has any one had this problem , i have fine sanded it and polished it to make it look better

My finish is chipping too at the end of the crank. I really liked mine til the insert prob. but, things do break and looks like warranty will not be a problem so I'm still happy.

Mottsauce

by Mottsauce

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I contacted Stronglight in France and had my LBS contact J&B. It seems like this is a common problem because Stronglight had definitely heard of it before and was quick to offer warranty replacement. See this post for my info. and what I learned earlier.
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... tronglight

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

CaptainWilier wrote:Jsut spoke to WiseCycleBuys where I purchased mine from, they said "send them in and we'll get you a new set warrantied as soon as possible". Now that's awesome service, just what I wanted to hear.

Pleased to report that my NEW Pulsions arrived today. Very good service as far as I'm concerned. Mailed out July 30 and got back to me today.
MyGiant! MyScalpel!
".....but our amps go to eleven"

jalapeno

by jalapeno

CaptainWilier wrote:

Pleased to report that my NEW Pulsions arrived today. Very good service as far as I'm concerned. Mailed out July 30 and got back to me today.

Wise really are bl00dy good, I have great service from them before too. Hopefully the new pulsions will prove more durable..
-------------------
Gravitas est meus Hostilis
Painted Roads Cycling: http://www.paintedroads.com
Words: http://mikesimagination.wordpress.com

Mottsauce

by Mottsauce

A rep from J&B was supposed to visit my LBS to issue a ref. number 3 weeks ago...I've been told by the end of the week three times...and....nothing. Well done on your part Hicks, I'm still riding my Elitas while sitting in limbo. F**K Stronlights for #1 breaking and #2 J&B. (I hope my explative was censored) (It wasn't censored, so edited)

You can see my initial repsonse from a few weeks ago. I was oh so happy and oh so naive at that point. An initial response by no means equals action. bleh!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com