Campy Bora Ultra 50 / Fulcrum Racing Speed spokes/nipples

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

clm2206

by clm2206

Hello

I own a 2015 Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50, and I must replace all the nipples and spokes, for both wheels. I've found Fulcrum Racing Speed replacement spokes and nipples sets at a much lower price than Campys, but I'm not sure if this will work out. Any thoughts?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Not sure if they'll work either, but curious as to what happened that requires you to replace all the spokes and nipples?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mimason

by mimason

^ this and is it the same ERD?

clm2206

by clm2206

Calnago wrote:Not sure if they'll work either, but curious as to what happened that requires you to replace all the spokes and nipples?

Extreme salty humid environment and lack of cleaning had disintegrated the aluminium nipples, so there are almost no chance to save any single spoke, just cut them out.

clm2206

by clm2206

mimason wrote:^ this and is it the same ERD?

Yes, the rims, although some little structural differences, are exactly the same height. I-m afraid hubs have different outer diameters.

tommasini

by tommasini

If it's only the nipple, why cut the stainless steel (non corroding) spokes then? Have you tried to source the nipples only?

Google might help but also ebay has this seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Campagnolo- ... 28110a50f9
Last edited by tommasini on Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

em3

by em3

Wait, I am pretty sure that Fulcrum has not updated their 50mm rim to match the 24mm width of the latest Bora wheels. More importantly, the G3 spoke pattern and drilling on rims used on Fulcrum wheels is a bit more spread out compared to Bora. Presumably both of these variables would effect spoke length compared to Boras.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com